Author Topic: C6 fuel pump relay contacts  (Read 4558 times)

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
C6 fuel pump relay contacts
« on: November 30, 2023, 05:58:27 PM »
Hi all
I thought I'd share my experiences of our C6 fuel pump relay contacts issue for other readers to be aware of.

Over the past 12 months I've had sporadic starting issues.  I posted 12 months ago that we'd changed the crank angle sensor and cam angle senor, but the starting issue continued.

Eventually, my very patient mechanic found the problem which was burnt pins in the connector under the fuse and relay panel under the bonnet. In particular the fuel pump relay pins were badly burnt.  Once you know what the problem is it appears to be a very common problem on C6's.

In December 2022 we had new pins installed. All good driving around for a few months.

March 2023 on way to Ballarat convention, problem came back.  Had a repair in Geelong to include a new connector and a bypass to get power to the fuel pump.  All good driving around for a few months.

November 2023, the problem is back again.

With the known information, the CorvetteForum assisted with a recommendation to install a fuel pump wiring harness.  Link below.

https://www.racetronix.biz/p/c56-fuel-pump-wiring-harness/fpwh-008

Well so far so good, I guess we need to drive for a few months to see if the problem comes back. But the engine just feels like it is getting fuel now with the engine idling much better, responding to throttle better and no surging whilst driving.

Time will tell, but fingers crossed problem solved.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: C6 fuel pump relay contacts
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 07:33:42 PM »
 :drunk:
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
Re: C6 fuel pump relay contacts
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 08:32:27 PM »
Had a look at this add on simple enough and makes sense using a larger cross sectional wire direct off alternator to reduce voltage drop. Factory wiring is now only driving add on relay. Price is good  you couldn't buy the parts to make something similar.