Author Topic: Warning "Will Robinson" Warning.  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Warning "Will Robinson" Warning.
« on: November 10, 2022, 12:32:22 PM »
Members Please be Alert.

Please be advised that the idiot Scammers and their badly set up computors are out there Physhing once again.
As you all would be aware the tight A@$ treas. wont pay your bills let alone any scammers bill, either via email, text, moon beam, or owl letter.  We have had two scams to members this week, both members were smart enough to see thru them and also make the call to me or "B" to ask the obvious questions.

Never will any of the Committee ask a member to pay monies for goods, services or anything for that matter.

So Please stay alert - one comment to note is that they are using old data with incorrect info - lets hope they can at least get their act together and use the correct data before they try again.

Both your Sec and Treas. get many of these per week - they are past the laughing stage and becoming a time wasting PITA.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Four Barrel
    • Your IT Help
  • Mood: On the bright side
Re: Warning "Will Robinson" Warning.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 03:20:14 PM »
Ahh yes the scammers are out in force, I've had two in the last 3 days, one from Linkt telling me that I had an outstanding bill and the other one supposedly from my email box that wants me to click on a link to increase it.

Just about all know scams are listed on the Government website https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/ but remember there are new ones every day at the moment so caution is needed.

If you are more into servers and computers then Krebs On Security is very good, https://krebsonsecurity.com/

If it is an unsolicited email or text one should automatically become suspicious, the rule is never click on any links unless you are absolutely sure.

Stay safe.  :yap:

Peterp
Chuck Norris is so tough that he can sneeze with his eyes open!

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: Warning "Will Robinson" Warning.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 06:03:21 PM »
Good advise , thank you Peter for your input
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill