Author Topic: ZIP Parts Club Discount  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Matt G

• Four Barrel
  • Car: 1970 Coupe 350 manual.
ZIP Parts Club Discount
« on: July 18, 2021, 12:43:22 PM »
Hi Guys,
I recently had my headlight warning/alarm switch break and my headlight pull switch pulled straight out (i assume that the internal catch/spring has broken) , so I’m looking for some parts.  I have a spare headlight switch that I’ve pulled apart 3-4 times and it looks great, but I pulled it out originally because it was inconsistent, and I don’t want risk it (pulling my whole dash out again to change it…). I’m looking for the following:
https://www.zip-corvette.com/68-73-headlight-on-off-switch.html
https://www.zip-corvette.com/69-71-77-headlight-switch-knob-rod.html (Not mandatory, but nice to update)
https://www.zip-corvette.com/69-77-headlight-warning-74-76-alarm-protector-switch.html (With switch bracket and nut preferred)
https://www.zip-corvette.com/68-82-headlight-switch-ground-strap.html (I’m pretty sure that this will be okay, but wanted to get as a precaution)
If you have any of these in good condition that you’re will to part with, please let me know your price.  Otherwise does anyone know if ZIP offer a discount as a part of their ads in our club magazine?
Thanks,  Matt

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: ZIP Parts Club Discount
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 08:00:54 PM »
Matt - I personally do not know of anything - but vaguely remember we had a number to quote for a discount, but with which company ?

This number I think was in our mag ?...

One of our older members who may have been involved with past committee may be able to help.

I must admit the Suppliers have discounts from time to time, but they never match the times I need that part.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 08:37:40 PM »
Hi Doug we did have a discount number with Ecklers . Don't know if it still current .Ray

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 10:09:51 PM »
Hi Mat the headlight warning switches are really fragile and only need to be over tightened slightly and break. You shouldn't need the earth strap unless yours is badly corroded. The headlight switches fail due to having higher wattage headlights without installing relays especially on high beam. Have a wiring mod diagram for relays. The knob probably wasn't locked into switch properly have never seen one that it doesn't lock in may take a couple of goes, from memory the escutcheon can stop it locking in correctly. Would probably have a second hand one here if you are stuck.

Offline Matt G

• Four Barrel
  • Car: 1970 Coupe 350 manual.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 01:13:01 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I’ve wedged part of my instrument cluster out and confirm that the earth strap is all good. I rechecked the knob and the release pin on the light switch. It works perfectly on my spare, but not the switch currently mounted. Doesn’t look to be any restrictions to inserting it, so I’ll replace it to be safe.
Lights are the same for a bunch of years but i could count on two hands how many times I’ve used my headlights in the past 10 years…  keen to see the relay option if you can send Sirfixalot. But probably more keen to hear what LED options are available. I currently have a sealed beam and would love to switch them out to brighter LED versions if available if anyone has any info, site links, other, I’d appreciate it.
Also thinking about a tilt and telescope steering swap (I have to half remove my steering column so might upgrade at the same time…? Does anyone have one that they would like to part with? If yes, please send me a ballpark $ so that I can get home boss money pit approval 😜

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 08:32:35 PM »
Hi Matt send me a PM with your email and will send you a copy of diagram for wiring mod. I believe Barry Kissell has a couple of tilt columns, I can fix most things on the column and set everything up so it all works when bolted into car. Recently saw a pic of a 78-82 column fitted up in a 70 looked like it came from factory had to have lower shroud to be modified to make it work.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 12:53:03 AM »
My 70 Vette has a tilt steering column that, IIRC, is from a Holden. I forget which model.

(Scott at Corvette Conversions in Dee Why would know.)
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!