Author Topic: Club Membership Renewals - clarification.  (Read 10492 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Club Membership Renewals - clarification.
« on: May 12, 2018, 11:32:43 AM »
Members.

Please be advised that your  mag should contain a renewal form, due soon.

Also be advised that the prices for renewal are as per printed on said form. Please disregard an error in the Secretaries report in the May mag.

It would be greatly appreciated if members could do direct deposits, as you know I will be away for three months and direct deposits would greatly help our Stand by treasurer. Please ensure your name is included as the reference.

Many Thanks.
Doug.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Shane Finn

• Four Barrel
Re: Club Membership Renewals - clarification.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:58:34 PM »
Speaking of club magazines - a number of members (me included) opted for an electronic copy in lieu of the posted print copy. However, I have not received an email copy of the magazine since the AGM.

Are they still being emailed?
2001 Z06, Torch Red

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 08:54:07 PM »
Well well, now thats several months, things must be slow up there in the sticks.

Must have slipped your mind when we saw you in the Hunter for the Codgers run a few weeks back.

I assume you made this choice at renewal time (back in June/July on renewal form).

I made special effort to see the Secretary, who advises that she is using the Access Membership file supplied by Tracey at the AGM, which no doubt would have been updated with all relevent info from renewals. And the Sec has just now advised me that YOUR file entry has your new address updated, but is "TICKED" to be sent a Hard Copy.

Obviously I'm very keen to see as many members as possible on Electronic email, because as you well know, the mag & postage are our two biggest constant expenditures. I have now advised the Sec to update your mag preference to "email"

NOW! ANYONE OUT THERE who is not getting their prefered method for recieving the Club Mag, then please either call, text, email or even p.m ME here on the forum, no good going to ZEDohSix, he has enough on his plate with a new house and reno's.

OR - when you do your renewal (due now) - highlight your choice for mag delivery.
If you know of a member who does not use this "Forum", who is having issues with the mag then please let me know.

Thank you,
Regards,.

🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 09:54:19 AM »
Thank you Shane, the Sec has now updated your details from this mornings email.

As I type, this months is on the way, I believe she will send you back copies from  Nov just to clog up your email server thingy

Any other members, please let us know, it takes  but a minute to fix.

Regards.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Shane Finn

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »
Thank you both.
2001 Z06, Torch Red

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »
Just a bump up, as we seem to be getting renewals sent in with $50.

Particulary dissapointed in young Harry, who even after having the problem pointed out to him at the meeting went away and posted his $50 in.

Most would have seen this forum or recieved an email explaining that renewals are still at $75 and not as per the Sec report last month.
The Committee was looking at giving a discount of $25, but it was decided to look at the numbers first, the nasty Treasurer did the sums and sunk this proposition.

Basically Mag printing is $13000pa with Postage @ $2000 plus Envelopes/printing gives ˜$18000pa.
Now using 250 members as a top number at $75 equals $18750pa.
But using 250 members at only $50 equals $12500pa. This plainly does not cover our major cost.
Now the bright ones out there will say "but we have advertisers" - these add up to $6780.

The memberships are modified by subtracting Lifers, associates etc means that at full price we cover the mags and have little left over to run the yearly events etc, but at the $50 rate we only cover the Mag/print etc, with nill left over to put on events, BBQ's, show&shines, trophies or general running costs for the club.

Those of you in business know only too well that we cant operate in the red - the only way to not go under is to draw on our investment account.
This account will be required in the near future, by future committees to put on the Clubs next Nationals or Covention.

Donations and sponsorships are getting harder to obtain as national fiscal restraints cut into our sponsors.
I dont want to sound toooo "Liberal" but these times are truely "User Pays".

So Members the renewal cost IS as per the renewal form - ie $75.

Regards. 

🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »
Club Mag
I personally Like the paper version of the mag. But have not received one for a long time,
I do get the digital copy, ( not by any decision of mine   )
Which I only read when I am asked to comment on  something that has been printed in it.
BUT
I can see the cost saving, if every one goes to the digital version, it would be a good  thing to put  up for a vote at the next AGM.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 02:54:49 PM »
I really think we are a paper and magazine generation ,I would still be buying the Trading Post if they still printed it . Any one who wants our Mag stopped tell em  there DREAMING !!!!!

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 02:58:38 PM »
Maybe the committee can ask questions at the end of the night ,just to make shore the children are paying attention??????

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 03:34:54 PM »
That's a  good point . an exam! on comprehension and attentiveness.
The new
NSWC  NAPLAN.
Alzheimer's test  incorporating  grama, Splin n comperhensin
Bfit

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:25 PM »
Im with you Professor Bfit !!!!

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 09:06:46 PM »
You can both dry up and blow away.

Monday........

Come on Monday...
🖕 Vettech.

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 02:48:47 PM »
I might do that Uncle Doug ( then as they say the answers are blowen in the wind !!! )

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 12:01:19 PM »
Hey Hey, I like reading the mag in the hard copy form, the only issue I have is the writing seems to be getting smaller  :bolt:

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
I might do that Uncle Doug ( then as they say the answers are blowen in the wind !!! )

Where the wind stands heavy on the borderline!

Winston Churchill