Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

Late seventies shell and chassis

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hallsy:
Bfit,yeah,tell me about it. When I was a kid, I got a fork lift license. It was from the DIR (Dept. of industrial relations), it was valid for life.
 Lo and behold, years later some accountant sees a money grab and DIR licences become an  "annual" (or fifth annual. I can't remember as I told them where to file mine.).
I have always had an attitude problem and a problem with authority (so people have told me) and it has rubbed off on my kids. But they are both polite,respectful,helpful and kind.
Authorities (nannies) would have kittens if they saw my young bloke blacksmithing with the cut up gas bottle, gas fired forge I made him when he was fourteen.

StephenSLR:

--- Quote from: Bfit on August 27, 2017, 06:25:08 PM ---As the system these days  does not encourage our youth to have a go.
   there has to be licences, qualifications etc etc, how do the young learn if they don't have a go.

--- End quote ---

Nothing to stop him helping dad in the garage though.

As for trades, the kids these days are more into computers and higher education; now we're paying a fortune in labour due to the shortage of skilled tradesmen.

s

Vettech:
There's another car on ebay, I think, needs some work, some where down picton or some where.

bfit:

--- Quote from: Vettech on August 28, 2017, 07:04:17 PM ---There's another car on ebay, I think, needs some work, some where down picton or some where.

--- End quote ---

yes there is, Lots of lookers and good number of watchers, No offers as yet.

bfit:
the  body and frame sold $2070 . some one wanted it badly.
makes the full car I have for sale look  a real good buy.
Bfit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version