Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

Late seventies shell and chassis

<< < (3/4) > >>

Hallsy:
 :omg:2070!!! Someone must be a clever boy. Maybe that member with the gorgeous blue one in W.A.
Best of luck selling yours, Bfit.

Stephen SLR, he already does help me,big time. He left school in 4th form (year 10?) after starting a school based electrical apprenticeship. Did a few weeks of one day a week and said "Dad, I'm wasting my time here at school." Went full time and is now in his final year.  :thumb:

StephenSLR:

--- Quote from: Hallsy on September 05, 2017, 05:17:18 PM ---he already does help me, big time. He left school in 4th form (year 10?) after starting a school based electrical apprenticeship. Did a few weeks of one day a week and said "Dad, I'm wasting my time here at school." Went full time and is now in his final year.  :thumb:
--- End quote ---

That's awesome. I did a sandwich course at uni in mechanical engineering 6 months study/6 months work. They did SFA to help students find work so my 'work' time was spent delivering pizza or process work in factories. I dropped out, returned and eventually got my degree, I did have a few good years working but the market dried up and I've been unemployed 3 years now.

I should've stuck working at Hungry Jack's, I was there 5 years part time after school; I'd probably be running my own store by now.

s

Hallsy:
My sympathies to you, Stephen. It's so tough out there in the job market these days and just because you're the best person for the job, doesn't mean you'll get it. So much politics out the to battle against.
At my work, we've had so many engineers (mechanical and electrical) who are soooooo dumb (had and have a lot who're geniuses too).
Apologies to all you uni edumacated people with meaningful careers but I think there are courses that don't belong there. I use to tease an ex boyfriend of my daughter who was studying to get a degree in philosophy. I'd say to him that if he ever saw a person having a heart attack, he could say "Stand back, I'm a trained philosopher!". Apologies to anyone thinking I'm an ignorant Neanderthal, you're probably right. And my doctor daughter would agree with you.
I've been off work for a year (I'm up to operation number seven this Saturday.) and have been going stir crazy. Bed ridden a lot of the time and definitely unable to lower myself down into my baby. But all systems go after Saturday.

Nothing wrong with menial work. Beats the alternative of unemployment.

StephenSLR:

--- Quote from: Hallsy on September 06, 2017, 05:09:02 AM ---Apologies to all you uni edumacated people with meaningful careers but I think there are courses that don't belong there. I use to tease an ex boyfriend of my daughter who was studying to get a degree in philosophy.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, once upon a time university was basically that, a degree for those that wanted a deep understanding of their desired topic, not necessarily a means to gain employment. Most of the stuff I learned in Mech. Eng. you would never use at work. Somewhere along the line the competition for employment became fierce and further education was used as a filter. I'm sure you know of older folk who only had '4th form' education that ended up running large companies, they started at the bottom at 16 years of age and worked their way up.

--- Quote from: Hallsy on September 06, 2017, 05:09:02 AM ---Nothing wrong with menial work. Beats the alternative of unemployment.
--- End quote ---

True, I've picked up a bit of part time work as a delivery driver and there's a website called AirTasker where people will post odd jobs they want done. So far I've drilled a metal plate into a brick wall for one guy for $25 and fixed the switch of a clothes dryer for a woman for $70, nobody wanted to touch that job and I saved her throwing it out and buying a new one.

s

Hallsy:
Thanks for the tip, Stephen.
My mate is off work and was getting SFA from wherever he was supposed to be getting paid. So he bought a truck and bobcat,got licences and now has SFA work.
I passed the website on to him. Hopefully he'll get work,otherwise he'll sell his gear and try something new.

As for myself, just out of hospital with a brand new set of wires complete with  sixteen electrodes and a battery pack/signal box, running up my spine. Should be good to give jump starts  :thumb:
So now back to the waiting/recovering time before I can drive again :toetap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version