Author Topic: 1970 Air Conditioning Ducts  (Read 4710 times)

Offline 70vette

• Four Barrel
1970 Air Conditioning Ducts
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:32:46 PM »
Chasing a center air con duct the one behind the dash feeding the center outlets with the side outlets provision. Also the left side heater/air con duct with the diverter.
Have found a few in the States but would like to exhaust any oportunity here in Oz
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Losers always try their best. Winners get the girl.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
Re: 1970 Air Conditioning Ducts
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:11:06 AM »
Try the corvette wrecker in Melbourne Vet Connection

Offline 70vette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 02:03:44 AM »
Tried him. Have bought some stuff off Phill, good guy, prompt and well priced. Unfortunately dosen't  have one to fit a 70 model. 78 and up are a bit different.
I have one on the go from the states. It's off a 73 has a small opening on the left duct for the extra vent on the dash. I can plug it up and it will work fine. I'll see how I go with that one.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:32:15 AM »
Do you need a tx valve as I have one here I was going to throw out

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »
Ive done a 78 & 87, both only had centre setup, I used EB Falcon, early Commadore and some rice burner bits, one of them, I think the Falcon had  corrugated  type tube, this was great to loop around the steering (87 I think required a spec flattened tube to fit) etc. Any that did not quite fit got gaffa/duct tape, heavy cardboard, heavy plastic and fibergrlass, finished with flat black paint. Unless you were a fanatic, you would not know the difference, all ducts and outlets worked fine. Haveing said that, in v 87, when the cover pads in/under the foot wells went in last, their holes for foot air did not line up exactly. I visited one of those U Pullit type wreckers (Sunnyolt Rd) you can wander and pick and choose esp if you have pics of what you need. Good luck.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline 70vette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 12:18:17 PM »
Do you need a tx valve as I have one here I was going to throw out
If you mean all the valve and piping in front of the Air con box. I have all that but not sure in what condition it's in. Suppose I'll have to get it connected and then get it tested after the engine is in.
Don't throw it out I'll come and get it just in case mine dosen't work. :cheers:

Offline 70vette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »
Ive done a 78 & 87, both only had centre setup, I used EB Falcon, early Commadore and some rice burner bits, one of them, I think the Falcon had  corrugated  type tube, this was great to loop around the steering (87 I think required a spec flattened tube to fit) etc. Any that did not quite fit got gaffa/duct tape, heavy cardboard, heavy plastic and fibergrlass, finished with flat black paint. Unless you were a fanatic, you would not know the difference, all ducts and outlets worked fine. Haveing said that, in v 87, when the cover pads in/under the foot wells went in last, their holes for foot air did not line up exactly. I visited one of those U Pullit type wreckers (Sunnyolt Rd) you can wander and pick and choose esp if you have pics of what you need. Good luck.
Mine had the center one in but was modified for the right hand conversion. The left hand duct to the dash outlet is the one that is always missing. Apparantly it's the first thing to come off if they are working under the dash but it never goes back on.
Because i'm going back to LHD everything is available, It's just that everybody wants there pound of flesh when they price this stuff. Just got to sift through the crap and find one at the right price. There are a few out there just got to get them to send to OZ!!
But if someone has something here in OZ then I would be quite willing to buy at the right price.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 09:06:19 PM »
So do you want the centre divertor for air from demist to face or the piece which has the hot /cold mixture flap and bolts to the inside of firewall on R/hand side  will have to rescue the TX  valve for you from the departure lounge

Offline 70vette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 12:32:05 AM »
So do you want the centre divertor for air from demist to face or the piece which has the hot /cold mixture flap and bolts to the inside of firewall on R/hand side  will have to rescue the TX  valve for you from the departure lounge
Chasing the  large center air distribution duct behind the dash the one that distributes the air to the center air vents and the side air vents and the left hand air duct to the lower dash air vent!