Author Topic: NEW CVS SCHEME Starting 19th DEC  (Read 12058 times)

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
NEW CVS SCHEME Starting 19th DEC
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:46:24 AM »
Morning all here is the lastest information regarding CVS. It commences on 19th Dec. Any questions can be directed to the forum which is being held on 21st JAn at the Greyhound Social Club See this link
http://nswcorvettes.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,11419.0.html

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf

****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
Re: NEW CVS SCHEME Starting 19th DEC
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:31:18 AM »
And I thought Qld was a nanny state!   :thumbdown:

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 05:10:26 PM »
Not that I'm interested in club rego, but
There is a lot of BS asosiated associated with the way this is set up.
Nanny state no, Big Brother  comes to my mind.
It's all about money in my opinion .
Instead of the government seeing an opportunity  to create   A real industry in modified and custom car in NSW .
We need jobs etc in this state and the government throws up barriers and did you notice fines. 

Bfit

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:04:21 AM »
Fork lift and golf cart plates.  :thud:
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 09:46:13 AM »
Fork lift and golf cart plates.  :thud:
Yes apparently, take your pride and joy and turn it into WHAT?
If you have a car that has larger wheels say you go from 15x6 to 15x8 in a vett a little safer some would suggest, you are no longer a H plate viable car.
What is the position on a historic registered car that is converted to RHD?
Is it or is it not capable of being registered on a H plate.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 11:03:27 AM »
I think you are nit picking, most Vettes had a variety of wheels available, and you can normally fit a min and/or max tyre width to a particular wheel width. Besides they would have to have either written or electronic records for each make/model covering say 100 years, then there are engineered kit cars (ie Cobra's) that have nothing standard except the name. Yes I can imagine some over zealous RTA  people with an axe to grind, but I think it's safe to assume they will target the obvious, easy to beat in court, car owners. It would be interesting to know what rules apply to say,  car inspection, when the vehicle is not on a ROAD. Many years ago (70~72) I gave  a NSW copper in a mini a run for his money down thru Surry Hills to the Exchange in Castlereagh St, luckily the roller door was open, he drew up outside and came running in with ticket book in hand, when he crossed the threshold, it was politely pointed out that he was on Commonwealth propery and had no jurisdiction. Thank god he did come back at 7am the next morning, or I was a gonna. I've seen plenty of farms etc who drive enregistered vehicles to their gate and then catch the bus etc, some of these are driven by under age unlicensed drivers. So where does their POWER start and finish - this is just food for thought.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 01:49:41 PM »
Wow I went outside and the sky was not falling.  :grin2:

Rosco

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »
I think you are nit picking, most Vettes had a variety of wheels available, and you can normally fit a min and/or max tyre width to a particular wheel width. Besides they would have to have either written or electronic records for each make/model covering say 100 years, then there are engineered kit cars (ie Cobra's) that have nothing standard except the name. Yes I can imagine some over zealous RTA  people with an axe to grind, but I think it's safe to assume they will target the obvious, easy to beat in court, car owners. It would be interesting to know what rules apply to say,  car inspection, when the vehicle is not on a ROAD. Many years ago (70~72) I gave  a NSW copper in a mini a run for his money down thru Surry Hills to the Exchange in Castlereagh St, luckily the roller door was open, he drew up outside and came running in with ticket book in hand, when he crossed the threshold, it was politely pointed out that he was on Commonwealth propery and had no jurisdiction. Thank god he did come back at 7am the next morning, or I was a gonna. I've seen plenty of farms etc who drive enregistered vehicles to their gate and then catch the bus etc, some of these are driven by under age unlicensed drivers. So where does their POWER start and finish - this is just food for thought.

mmm Master Po  most enlightening.  May the force be with you!
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »
Wow I went outside and the sky was not falling.

Rosco
surely there is a simile here that one could use . chicken little comes to mind.

bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 01:57:17 PM »
Fixed  :cheers:

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 07:36:10 PM »
Easy solution if in doubt go on the D plate no more worries .

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »
"The RMS computer system cannot handle handle conditional rego using normal number plates"

There's the real issue: RMS couldn't be bothered making a software change to accommodate this scheme.

As I said earlier on this point, police can easily determine the rego status of any car on the spot these days so the green and white number plate requirement is BS.

I wouldn't mind having to use the window sticker if it meant I could retain my plates.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
"The RMS computer system cannot handle handle conditional rego using normal number plates"

There's the real issue: RMS couldn't be bothered making a software change to accommodate this scheme.

As I said earlier on this point, police can easily determine the rego status of any car on the spot these days so the green and white number plate requirement is BS.

I wouldn't mind having to use the window sticker if it meant I could retain my plates.
Their system won't handle a change in number plate  designated usage ,
What a lot of feces ( I had sh#t but the system censored it as  you can see )
You can have any colour plate you want , support a football club, your own selection of letters and numbers with in some boundaries .
Different sizes I've seen a pink lettered plate on pink background hardly readable in day light.
As I said what a lot of FNS!

Some one was playing with more than one, when they came up with that excuse 
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »
Some one was playing with more than one, when they came up with that excuse 

Too right, and it's the public servants within RMS. If they don't want to do something, then the government can go suck eggs.

The RTA was so intransigent  and arrogant that the incoming Liberal government abolished it to get rid of its management.  We're fortunate that Roads Minister Duncan Gay has largely accepted the Confederation's arguments and points of view, and championed them through the bureaucracy, but it seems the rusted-on RTA staff, with their cannot-do attitude, still infest RMS.