Author Topic: Historic Conditional Registration (HCRS) & Classic Vehicle Scheme CVS (for modif  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
JUst in from CMC and in this months issue of THe Preserve

Historic Conditional Registration (HCRS) & Classic Vehicle Scheme
CVS (for modified vehicles).
We are almost there with the introduction of the CVS for modified vehicles. I am
in regular contact with the RMS and have been informed that they are awaiting
the sign-off by one Director before I am called in to sign the official paperwork
prior to the scheme commencing.
The CMC has booked the auditorium of Arena Sports Club to hold a Forum on HCRS/CVS on Saturday
21st January.
Please try to send at least one representative from your club to the Forum. It’s a real
opportunity for you to have all your questions answered and to be better informed about both the HCRS
and the CVS.
In my conversations with the RMS I was informed that, once the CVS is in operation the RMS will offer
a “period of grace” before the RMS inspectors come down on vehicle owners who have incorrect
vehicles on the HCRS scheme. The penalty for vehicles who exploit the HCRS by registering
modified cars will be cancellation of the rego plus the club concerned will come under
question for it's right to be on the approved list.
 The fine / offence for not using the Log Book correctly, is a $440 fine and the loss of 4 points.
I received a report, from a couple of club members, that an RMS staff member prematurely issued
a hard copy of the form for the CVS, which has not yet been officially released. This demonstrates
that some RMS / Service NSW staff are not fully conversant with the HCRS / CVS and as such are
incorrectly issuing documents. Can I please ask that when you attend an RMS Office or a Service NSW
office to apply for conditional registration that you are fully aware of the procedures involved. If you are
pulled over for any reason and your registration is in some way not “kosher” you will be hit with a heavy
fine and loss of points, as noted above. The best way to make sure you know the procedures is to
attend the Forum on 21st January.

On Saturday 21st January 2017 the CMC will host a Forum on the Historic Conditional Registration
Scheme (HCRS) and the Classic Vehicle Scheme (CVS) for modified vehicles.
The forum will be held at the Arena Sports Club, 140 Rookwood Road, Yagoona and will commence
at 1pm with afternoon tea provided.
Numbers are required for seating/catering purposes so please email to cmcsec@bigpond.com to
advise of your attendance

Terry Thompson OAM
President
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***