Author Topic: AC Test Gauges.  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
AC Test Gauges.
« on: October 20, 2016, 05:02:07 PM »
Looking at buying a set of Compound Refrigeration Gauges, did have some and/or access to some over the years, but now want to own some, once the best were  Imperial Eastman, but were expensive. Now on ebay there are a heap, probably only need gauges rated/set for 134a, but needs a case. Has any one bought some of these or used these brands eg "Giantz". Since I use vaccum not nitrogen to dry etc the LP gauge needs to have a reasonable neg vac section. Yes I'm pedantic. Any thoughts are welcome. Doug.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
Re: AC Test Gauges.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »
Thanks members 4 all v replies, either its a secret or we have no Air Con technicians in our ranks. Anyway bought on ebay from VicOffRoad, naturally in Vict, ordered on Sunday nite, arrived midday Wednesday. Red carry case, (but not Giantz), set for R134a only, gauges are clear easy to read, with a good "- inches of mercury"  vac section, considering it was 15% less than the original $86 on ebay, inc post, they are great value. Now to get some gas and start plumbing up the C4, since there is no flow thru ventilation in the C4, I need to get the AC going. Doug.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline White88

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »
Interested how this goes as I have a similar problem..... No AC!

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 06:47:08 PM »
Thanks members 4 all v replies, either its a secret or we have no Air Con technicians in our ranks. Anyway bought on ebay from VicOffRoad, naturally in Vict, ordered on Sunday nite, arrived midday Wednesday. Red carry case, (but not Giantz), set for R134a only, gauges are clear easy to read, with a good "- inches of mercury"  vac section, considering it was 15% less than the original $86 on ebay, inc post, they are great value. Now to get some gas and start plumbing up the C4, since there is no flow thru ventilation in the C4, I need to get the AC going. Doug.

Just open the roof ! Cool as .
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »
I will be investigating the gas, I'll know soon. By the way there was flow thru air when new but then butchered by the convertors, it is easier to glass it up. It appears it's easier to flip over the existing AC box and re-use it. Anyway I know the 79~82ish Commodore SLE had flooded system (accumulator), air box/matrix on LH side, looking very similar to the US GM matix/airbox.     NOW, bob that is very touchy ground you are on, "SHE" came home, with the "sh#ts", does not normally swear, but went right off when I asked "where is the BRAND NEW MUSTANG". Ford thought the issue was a cct board behind the centre console, they took one out of a new demo car, fitted - all worked - then it didnt, now Ford thinks its somewhere else - "a module" Then they made the mistake of saying it was a Very very expensive module. She snapped, words like its f#@ing brand new, it has only 300kms on the f#/%%ing speedo, its only a f@/%ing week old, its under F@/%ing warranty. So for this weekend ill just creep around softly and quietly. Ànd I wont be mentioning anything about convertable roofs or cars.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »
I will be investigating the gas, I'll know soon. By the way there was flow thru air when new but then butchered by the convertors, it is easier to glass it up. It appears it's easier to flip over the existing AC box and re-use it. Anyway I know the 79~82ish Commodore SLE had flooded system (accumulator), air box/matrix on LH side, looking very similar to the US GM matix/airbox.     NOW, bob that is very touchy ground you are on, "SHE" came home, with the "sh#ts", does not normally swear, but went right off when I asked "where is the BRAND NEW MUSTANG". Ford thought the issue was a cct board behind the centre console, they took one out of a new demo car, fitted - all worked - then it didnt, now Ford thinks its somewhere else - "a module" Then they made the mistake of saying it was a Very very expensive module. She snapped, words like its f#@ing brand new, it has only 300kms on the f#/%%ing speedo, its only a f@/%ing week old, its under F@/%ing warranty. So for this weekend ill just creep around softly and quietly. Ànd I wont be mentioning anything about convertable roofs or cars.

LOL.
I have a 2000/2002 commodore in the yard all the dash is out air box LHS some of it may be of use to you .

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 07:51:51 PM »
I hate this thing, I had a reply for white 88, a longish one and now Ive lost it. But I see you may have a part worth looking at, we will talk.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 08:17:19 PM »
I hate this thing, I had a reply for white 88, a longish one and now Ive lost it. But I see you may have a part worth looking at, we will talk.
👍
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 10:12:20 AM »
Faulty mustang
Ok I'm interested in the progression of events , of how it progressed after they replaced the module
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 10:35:34 AM »
Mmmmm lesson learnt , if it was a new Corvette convertable the weak part would have broken off in her hand ,(much easyer to diagnose )

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »
Mmmmm lesson learnt , if it was a new Corvette convertable the weak part would have broken off in her hand ,(much easyer to diagnose )

Good point .
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 04:16:54 PM »
Done it again, lost my reply. Start again - No news bob as it is in "the shop". Nothing will happen over the weekend. She is not happy. And you are wrong Ray, I've looked at Jeans car and it is similar to the Mustang, double motor drives on rag top, plus electronics to hoot. Would not be bad if I had the $ in my bank untill they resolve this issue - but alas.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 10:19:16 PM »
Up date mustang?
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »
Well........ as of 10am, P Warren Ford are hopeless, no loan car, cant fix it and gave a BS excuse that a fire in the Detroit Mich. Ford Factory had caused massive damage and staff were not available etc etc, they seem to forget who they are dealing with. "B" has already googled the small basement fire at US Ford, storm in a teacup. Rang Bathurst dealer, they were annoyed to hear the progress, advised to get car back, organise it to Bathurst, they will supply loan car, and carry on the warranty work as required. They seemed to be very positive and helpfull. Um she is now calmed, but will this be the calm before the storm, stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "Mustang Trials"
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 02:02:23 PM »
typhoon "B" of the radar.  Likely to move inland in coming days.
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
Well........ as of 10am, P Warren Ford are hopeless, no loan car, cant fix it and gave a BS excuse that a fire in the Detroit Mich. Ford Factory had caused massive damage and staff were not available etc etc, they seem to forget who they are dealing with. "B" has already googled the small basement fire at US Ford, storm in a teacup. Rang Bathurst dealer, they were annoyed to hear the progress, advised to get car back, organise it to Bathurst, they will supply loan car, and carry on the warranty work as required. They seemed to be very positive and helpfull. Um she is now calmed, but will this be the calm before the storm, stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "Mustang Trials"

that's Positive,
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »
Looks like I'll pick up car this arvo, take car bathurst tomorrow, come home in loan car. BUT! appears now the centre screen no longer works, at a guess FORD have screwed something else, wont know untill I go down to retrieve it. I should have bought another CORVETTE !..... Pity because the one we had in the States last year was a beauty, mind you, a hire car, but low miles (800) - gee mine has less. I think its time the lemon rule kicks in and they swap it or another, I think at this stage she would be happy with any colour convertible, since seeing some around, she could be tempted to red or or... .... she is so upset after waiting so long for it to arrive.
Of course now I will always have in the back of my mind, not "IF" but "WHEN" will this car fail again. Not a good add for FORD, esp since our last name is FORD.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »
More since we spoke Bob. Peter Warren have now decided its a "body contol unit", now ordered from Melb, they guarantee it will be fixed for pick up Friday. This wont effect us, since it will be in the arvo. B asked how this will be done with all chips/computors locked together, I think that shocked him, he then was more forthcoming and said that all systems will be reset to the correct codes. So I miss out on fish&chips up at Blackeath...........bugger. :grr:
🖕 Vettech.