Author Topic: Air Scoop  (Read 2789 times)

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
Air Scoop
« on: October 04, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »
Does anyone know where I can buy a 60s stinger bonnet air scoop.

Offline 73RAT

• I'm new here, but not to my 'vette
Re: Air Scoop
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:40:54 PM »
Hi,

An old post so I don't know whether you are still after a response?  I looked at a few styles (assuming this is for your C3) particularly as fitted to the Baldwin Motion SS / GTs.  They used a hand modified big block hood modified for Motion Performance, but personally I don't thin this suits a '73 on due to the revised bonnet shape.  The 'Stinger' style with the cone shape was used on Motion Camaros but I havent seen it on the 'vettes.  I  modified my own bonnet to give the same effect but also to give sufficient carb & manifold clearance (after I gutted the fresh air intake) so take a look at mt 73 Coupe Restoration post.  I took a few pictures as I did it if you want a few ideas and get busy with the grinder & 'glass kit!
It was supposed to be 12 months and a tight budget.....just a few simple repairs and a coat of paint.....

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
Re: Air Scoop
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:55:20 PM »
Thanks for the input 73RAT but I have already purchased one (at great cost A$300) from the USA hoping it would fit, however it didn't and it had to be chopped down the middle to expand the width dimension. All good now