Author Topic: 1975 Corvette listing Opinion  (Read 4781 times)

Offline mbc8982

• I'm new here
  • Mood: Happy
1975 Corvette listing Opinion
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:11:05 AM »
Hello all! I am a young guy in college who really likes cars, and I am interested in buying a 1975 Corvette. I am posting this link in hopes that some of you could tell me whether or not this Corvette looks restoration worthy. I know you are not there to hear/feel/drive the vehicle, but maybe some of you could find a few dead give aways that may make it "No good." I know some of the interior dash needs some work, and I know I need to be able to see the frame to see if there are significant rust spots, but hopefully you all can give me some advice. Thanks!

Offline mbc8982

• I'm new here
  • Mood: Happy
Re: 1975 Corvette listing Opinion
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:14:22 AM »
Here are more pictures

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:57 AM »
You are correct, hard with no hands on, but any car can be restored, it all comes down to the size of your wallet. Mostly looks cosmetic, so you do need to check out the running gear and frame , esp for rust. Good luck.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »
Have a good look under the car
going by the photos, the car has a speedo that was  supplied for car destined for Canada.
unless the car was kept in a controlled  environment  there will be rust under there.
I can see lots of potential work to be done. the rear paint work look better that the front. what's going on there? or should I say what been covered up or repaired?
look at the top  control arms  are the shims even on both sides measure between the tower mounts for the top control arm at the front attachment it should be 28 3/8" from memory ( I will confirm that  when I get home I don't have the drawings here at work )
what's your time frame for rebuild?
what's the asking price?
how much would you be prepared to invest after you buy any  project vette ?

Bfit

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »
Why are you asking on an Aussy site when you are located in US surely there would be someone on a US forum in your area that could assist you with inspection etc

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
My be for an unbiased opinion lol
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill