Author Topic: Like to try before Buy  (Read 5596 times)

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
Like to try before Buy
« on: September 20, 2015, 03:21:30 PM »
Hello All,  Apart from being new we're extremely green in the realm of corvettes.  I come from a heritage of Alfas, and my wife used to drive a brock commodore and a 260Z, so we have next to no experience in vettes, or LHD.  Why a corvette? We both love the v8 sound, its looks, and we'd like a classic and be able to cruise around on sunny days.  Anyway thats the nuts and bolts, the question is before we jump in and buy one we'd first like to see (good idea to see if I can fit in one) and may be drive one.  So I was wondering if there are any club members that would be in the Illawarra or nearby area so we could at least sit in one and see what we're up for.

We're interested in either a C2 roadster OR early crome bumper C3 TT.  If anyone is willing to help we'd love to hear from you

Matt

Offline racingem

• Two Barrel
Re: Like to try before Buy
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 07:58:16 AM »
Maybe i can help out.Do you have a contact no ? :drag:

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 04:34:26 PM »
Thanks racingem,

0400 984 747

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:05:34 PM »
Hey Matt,

OUR69 resides in the Gong  :thumb: and am more than happy to take you and the Mrs for a spin when we return from O/sea's in Nov.... that is if you can wait that long ?

Jethro

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
 :thumb: way to go Jethro, and thanks.  Been in a few already and have found that we fit in them quite well, and am looking forward to sitting in them in the future while we're driving one.  Yeah we can wait, its always something to look forward to.  Hopefully catch you when you return

cheers
Matt

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »
Ha welcome you guys are going from alfa to corvettes. Ive gone from a corvette to a couple of alfas.
I recently bought two alfa 2600  sprint coupes and a 105 drag car.

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 06:00:06 PM »
105's were popular in the track days, certainly more 105's around when I was sprinting in a GTV6, beautiful and well balanced the 105 but my ultimate ALFA would have to be:

Please stop I'm getting Alfa fever again  :therethere:

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »
My 105 drag car had a tippo 33 v8 in it. It was built in Ohio with assistance from Carol Shelby. Im going to fit a maserati quad cam v8 in it.
Its the only drag car backed by Autodelta.

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »
nice!  :drag: that would be impressive.  Autodelta is a name I haven't heard for a long time, though I've been out of the scene for a while