Author Topic: consumables  (Read 4075 times)

Offline mention1

• Four Barrel
consumables
« on: August 02, 2015, 12:08:53 PM »
Hi guys,
Does anyone know if the Holden 308 cui engine is an Australian version of the Chev 350 cui? Or is it a completely different animal.

Reason I'm asking is I want to stockpile some consumables such as fan-belts and radiator hoses and was wondering if I have to import them from the USA?

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Re: consumables
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 05:22:22 PM »
no differant motor

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
As Ray says too many differences. As far as belts go, there was a place at W'park that was like a mini warehouse with 100's of belts, V's (int,ext ) ribbed, flat. in fact I think they would make to order, for those who remove bits, or have unstandard set ups. They also sold every type of filter. Obviously all this was at a premium. I used them for some very old stationary diesel gensets, where parts are no longer generally available. That included a Volvo that I'm sure came out of a "U-Boat" after the war.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:07:37 PM »
Just found the name of the mob at W,park - R.P.WALLIS WHOLESALE 158 Newton Rd Wetherill Park. They have literally 100's of belts, but do not make to measure, he said if we don't have it already then it don't exist. May help some one.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »
Any industrial supply place can supply belts, bearings etc Industrial Bearing supply Padstow / Ingleburn is one that comes to mind