Author Topic: just in from Col C driving tip  (Read 3901 times)

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
just in from Col C driving tip
« on: June 12, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »
Excellent Driving Tip:

•         

A  36 year old female had an accident several weeks ago. It was raining, though not excessively when her car suddenly began to hydro-planeand literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured but very stunned at the sudden occurrence!When she explained to the Police Officer what had happened, he told her something that every driver should know -
•          NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON..
•         She thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain....
•         But the Police Officer told her that if the cruise control is on,your car will begin to hydro-plane when the tyres lose contact with the road, and your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you take off like an aeroplane. She told the Officer that was exactly what had occurred. The Officer said this warning should be listed, on the driver's seat sun-visor -
•         NEVER USE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE ROAD IS WET OR ICY,

•         Along with the airbag warning. We tell our teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe speed – but we don't tell them to use the cruise control only when the road is dry.
•         The only person the accident victim found who knew this, (besides the Officer), was a man who'd had a similar accident, totaled his car and sustained severe injuries..
•         NOTE: Some vehicles (like the Toyota Sienna Limited XLE) will not allow you to set the cruise control when the windshield wipers are on.

****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline RHD.68.l89

• Four Barrel
    • www.invisiblecarbras.com.au
Re: just in from Col C driving tip
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:06:02 AM »
http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/dont_use_cruise_control_in_the_rain

This one goes around on a regular basis, I call Bull.

Offline 86 iron

• Two Barrel
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
It looks like an EF-EL Falcon they will lose it & crash from a single drop on the road woeful handling.

Offline Kenobe

• Four Barrel
  • Mood: Depends on the wind !!
  • Car: C4 1985
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »
EL by the tail lights. Well at least it was.
Living the young boys dream............finally driving a Vette

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:27:19 AM »
Who  pays that much attention to ford and their different models
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »

Seriously, look at the picture, the back half of the car is wrapped around the tree and what’s remaining of the front end is to the left side of it. For anyone to believe the driver was not seriously injured has got to be kidding.  Unfortunately this would have been a fatality and the picture used, as RH.68.I89 suggested as a fault with cruise control is bull. Perhaps research should be looked into before posting? 
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »
Seriously, look at the picture, the back half of the car is wrapped around the tree and what’s remaining of the front end is to the left side of it. For anyone to believe the driver was not seriously injured has got to be kidding.  Unfortunately this would have been a fatality ...

Yep, QLD 2012:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/man-killed-when-car-hits-tree-on-kianawah-rd-at-wynnum-west/story-e6freon6-1226476343663
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 08:52:14 PM »
Thanks G  :thumb:
CLICK ME to see my albums.