Author Topic: Cops hunt for classic XW Ford Falcon after Sydney carjacking  (Read 5750 times)

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
A man had his vintage muscle car stolen at gunpoint after he pulled over to fix its engine on a dark, deserted rural road south west of Sydney last night.

The 47-year-old mechanic was driving his partner’s bright blue XW Ford Falcon from Picton to Mount Annan about 7.30pm.

He stopped on Cawdor Rd, Cawdor, near Camden, to tinker with the engine when a white van with two men inside parked behind him.

The driver had pulled over with engine problems when he the car was stolen.

While he was working under the bonnet a man got out of the van and spoke with the driver briefly before he pulled a gun on him.  The robber climbed into the car and drove off with the van following him.
Inspector Michael Bright said “there was nothing to indicate” that the man was followed.

“It was a brief conversation before the man pulled the gun so basically it was a few words exchanged then the man produced the firearm,” Inspector Bright said.

“The driver stood back and the man jumped in and the other man drove off in the other car.

“It was in a rural area, where he pulled over there would’ve been no street lights, dark, it’s a rural road all acreage houses and a very isolated place. It’s a unique event for Camden.”

The offender was described as being of caucasian appearance and about 175cm tall. He was wearing a blue tracksuit with a blue hood.

Police would like information to find the classic car which has registration 53714H.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/cops-hunt-for-classic-xw-ford-falcon-after-sydney-carjacking/story-fni0cx4q-1227394059764
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline coradict72

• Four Barrel
Re: Cops hunt for classic XW Ford Falcon after Sydney carjacking
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 08:54:11 AM »
Just  something that could happen to any classic always be aware
If its not running right NEVER pull over just anywhere and play with your toy
Drive to a safe haven a servo,  a church, a busy street, and play there.

I feel its already in 100's of pieces someone had an order real pity

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 02:36:09 PM »
It sounds a bit suss to be honest.

Why would you try to steal a car with engine trouble?

It's likely to break down in a chase.

s

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »
And why would you stop to work on an engine where it's pitch dark with no street lights ?.. I agree Stevo.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 07:06:14 PM »
It's a common thing, when you leave a car show venue to make sure your not being followed .
I had the same thought as Stephen .
This is not he first car to go missing around Picton.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:57 AM »
I had the same thought as Stephen

I recall some school friends of mine got busted up the coast; the problem with country roads is the cops block them off.  In their case they were pulled up with other traffic and told to use their car as part of the road block. They just sat there waiting and could hear roaring V8's of the cop cars heading down the mountain roads then the cop cars turned up and when the cops got out, pointed and said, 'these are the guys here!' and locked them up.

They got done for stealing handbags out of parked cars so I can only imagine the fervour of all the cops in the area that night looking for armed thieves in a 'supercar'. They would've been buzzing around the Sydney area like flies circling a turd; on the lookout for these thugs.

I suspect the car was driven to somewhere nearby or the cops were called after it was safely tucked away.

All apologies to the owner if it's a legitimate theft but it just doesn't sound right to me.

s

Offline Kenobe

• Four Barrel
  • Mood: Depends on the wind !!
  • Car: C4 1985
It did sound a bit far fetched....
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »
 :hi: It did sound a bit far fetched to be on the side of the road with the bonnet up and have it stolen at gun point.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/12/16/06/28/sydney-couple-invent-stolen-classic-car

Merry Xmas to all

:drunk: :bbq:
Living the young boys dream............finally driving a Vette

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: It did sound a bit far fetched....
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »
I don't know about the cops version of this .

I was at that event and did look as few XA/XB   Fix Or Repair  Daley`s ( fords)
I don't remember much about the fords that were there on the day. I did take photos of some of the chevs .

I may be paranoid, but I don't believe anything I'm told or read  until I prove it myself.

Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 12:48:54 PM »

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 07:23:24 PM »
"But police now say it was a lie and the vehicle didn't exist - except on paper as part of a false insurance claim."

According to RMS, the vehicle does exist:

53714H

1970 FORD XYGT SEDAN
VIN/Chassis: ********140C

The registration expires on 11/02/2016

"The woman has been charged with making a false statement to police and fraud. Her partner has been charged with perverting the course of justice, two counts of fraud and stealing a motor vehicle."

That newspaper story is all a bit odd given that the police can quickly check the registered owner's name and address, and follow-through if necessary with the club who has the H plate on its register.

So, the guy claims his own car was "stolen" and then claims the "theft" on his insurance? If so, why has he been charged with stealing a motor vehicle? (Maybe that's in relation to another vehicle the cops found in his possession?)
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!