Author Topic: Scammers in car sales  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
Scammers in car sales
« on: April 28, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »
One of our members has asked me to let you all know about a recent scam over the sale of his vehicle recently .

I have copied and pasted the correspondence from this scam below.Even the Paypal part looked authentic in the original emailing.

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Finn Collins <wellon262@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for getting back,i'm cool with the price like wise the condition as described on the advert,i am presently offshore in  New Plymouth on project.We do not have access to phone at the moment and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal linked up with my westpac bank account,please get back to me with your paypal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb acct name and number if you have no PayPal acct.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.

Note:Please provide your address and a contact phone number in your reply so that my shipping agent can locate you when coming for the pick up.

Look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Finn

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Finn Collins <wellon262@gmail.com> wrote:

I just got a mail from my courier now that a commission of $2,550 has to be payed in order for him to schedule a date and time for him to come for the pickup (1st class treatment oversea) . But do not worry i will be making the payment of the commission fees with the full amount into your account. My private courier agent  headquarters is in the CHINA and all commission payments made for pickup from anywhere in the world is sent to their head quarters in the China and the only form of payments they accept is Western Union Money Transfer.
 I would have done it myself but there is no post office on the ship and i tried to pay online (www.westernunion.com) but i will need a credit card which i didn't bring aboard the ship. So as soon as you have been notified about the full payment. All i am asking you is to help me proceed with the transfer of the commission fees through western union after the full payment has been made into your account so that my courier can come for the pickup and other necessary things that needs to be done. I will appreciate your help here. I will be making the full payment as soon as possible.

Thanks
 kagame

Hi Andrew

I  will like to inform you that I have made the payment to your account and I expect you to have being contacted in your email by now.I paid $47,570 and i included $20 to cover the western union charges. You can now send the $2,550 via western union to my agent.Please confirm in your email INBOX/SPAM FOLDER if you have been notified regarding the payment receipt?

NOTE: I also got an email from PayPal regarding the  payment i made, that due to their new measure for transaction policies and safety tips  the full funds will not be credited fully into your account until  you have completed their request by completing the courier fee via western union  and reply to them with the MTCN# for verification to credit you account

Here is my pick up agent info needed to get the money sent through western union money transfer:

First Name:  Xingqin
Surname: Huang
Address: An Jia Lou Road,
City: Beijing,
State: Beijing,
Zip Code: 100027,

Email me as soon as the $2,550 is sent via western union to ( Xingqin Huang) at the Post office.

Best Regards
Finn

Finn Collins
   3:22 PM (56 minutes ago)

to me

I just got your email and I really feel you do not understand the transaction.If you have read the email from PayPal properly they have requested you send the $2,550 meant for the pick up fee to the agent via western union and email them the western union details so that your account can be credited.

I have email PayPal about the delay and i got an email from them saying that it was due to the latest measure due to protect the buyer and the seller against fraud going on through the internet so you have nothing to worry about.you can reply to the confirmation receipt sent form PayPal regarding this

Regarding Your Payment Placed On Hold
Inbox   x

Service@paypal.com.au <financial_servicesaccreditation@consultant.com>
   Apr 18 (10 days ago)

to me, bcc: me

Complete your payment with PayPal in a few steps   

Dear  ,

Thanks for your response. My name is Mary and i am here to assist you regarding the transaction between You and Finn Collins. Finn Collinsmade a payment of $47,570.00 AUD into your account for the purchase of your Goods.Due to our Policies and security measures, to protect both the buyer and seller, we cannot credit the full funds into your account until we have received the details of the transfer of the courier fees via western union and get back to us with the details as a prove for the transaction.

This is to inform you that as part of our policy, Due to bad experience we had in the past whereby the seller receives money and never send the Pick-Up Charges to the Pick-Up Agent. It is our priority to cover both ends of this Transaction by releasing the total sum of $47,570.00 AUD into your account after receiving the Western Union Money Transfer Information from you that the Pick-Up Charges of $2,550.00 AUD has been made to the Pick-Up Agent via Western Union.

You can go ahead and send the money through western union and we shall be expecting to receive the Western Union Information from you as soon as possible so that we can be able to credit your account.

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
PayPal and the PayPal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of PayPal, In

PayPal Bank Wire Transfer Payment Received From Finn Collins
Inbox   x

Apr 18 (10 days ago)

Hello ,

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of $47,570.00 AUD from "Finn Collins" via PayPal Merchandise Wire transfer Payment Service.
Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.

View the details of this pending transaction below

Payment Details

Merchandise Amount:       $45,000.00 AUD
Transport Charges:

Total:       $2,570.00 AUD
$47,570.00 AUD
Quantity:       1
  Merchandise Title:       Goods

Account Number:                   
BSB:                                   

------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------------------
This payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED" but will not be credited into your bank account until the MTCN# is sent to us for verification which is due to important random security measure that we do carry out on payments to ensure safety. As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per our new PayPal Payment policy. Due to the recent internet fraud activities and complains from our customers that after the funds has been credited by us, the seller does not complete the Western Union transfer for the courier fees for the pickup to be made. So we decided that, the Western Union transfer must be completed upfront and you get back to us with the MTCN# and senders name for confirmation, so that we will be able to credit the pending funds into your account.

Please, understand that this is a security measure and procedure intended to help protect both the Buyer and the Seller and the transaction.We apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the $2,550.00 AUD should be sent via Western Union

First Name:  Xingqin
Surname: Huang

Address Status:       Confirmed     

Your account will be credited accordingly after replying to this email with the details of the Western Union requested which are the:

(1) MTCN#;
(2) Sender's Name;
(3) Sender's Address;

Note: As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, all inquiries should be directed to us by replying to this email. This email is the one being monitored for this transaction because the status of this transaction cannot be accessed via our customer care phone service section.
________________________________________Sincerely,

The PayPal Team

Apr 19 (1 day ago)

Dear Andrew Angus,

We have received an email from "Finn Collins" regarding the pick up address it as being changed due to unavailability.Kindly proceed with the transfer not to cause any self  further delay

Pick up Address:

First Name:Shifen
Surname: Liu

Thanks
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
Re: Scammers in car sales
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »
Ebay rule number one
It's not paid for unless your account balance changes
It's a scam that's been around for a while, my sister in law got done on this one.
Good luck
Lefty
79 vette

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »
I would have been suspicious by the end  of the first sentence.
By the end of the paragraph I would have closed that web page and moved on.

Some people how ever just dont see the signs

I got these two two today and four others  :grr: and one more with an executable fill with god knows what virus

I'm seeking A partnership in receiving U.S. 50M left behind by A certain deceased customer (Anthony). Please reply  For more details.

Trevor

________

The Recent transfer, recently sent from your company"s checking account, was aborted by the bank.

Aborted BPay transfer
Transaction Case ID P7865128
Total Amount 30378.43 AU Dollars
Email My email address was here
Reason of abort Open full details

Please hit the link provided above to see more details about this issue.

Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 03:27:05 PM »
I would have been suspicious by the end  of the first sentence.
By the end of the paragraph I would have closed that web page and moved on.

Ditto.

It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!