Author Topic: c2 coupe needed next monday penrith area.  (Read 6507 times)

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
c2 coupe needed next monday penrith area.
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »
Ive been out of action for a while. Last July whilst taking my 66 for a rego Inspection a driver crossed onto my side of the road and hit me head on.
Somehow the police chose no to consider the obvious and went ahead a charge me for the accident.
There has been no way to make them see sense so now im going to court to fight the charges.
My question is is there anyone out there with a c2 coupe available monday around midday for me to take some pics at the scene to recreate the accident. And no I wont be crashing your car. Ha ha
I will be taking the pics at llandilo which is between penrith and windsor.
Im happy to cover whatever costs you feel you need.
Dave 0413766501
For the record dont ever think that you will get a fair deal from the police when you drive a unique car.
They will always assume you were doing the wrong thing and the poor old guy who was in lala land in a hyundai is the victim.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Re: c2 coupe needed next monday penrith area.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:47 AM »
a driver crossed onto my side of the road and hit me head on.
Somehow the police chose no to consider the obvious and went ahead a charge me for the accident.

He hits your car head-on while he's on the wrong side of the road and the cops charge you? Seriously, WTF?

Hope somebody can assist with a C2 (I guess you have arranged a Hyundai).

Meanwhile, suggest you get a good traffic case solicitor. These things can go belly-up if you appear for yourself.

It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:04:43 AM »
Thanks Graham. It seems only the police and the guy I ran into believe I am at fault.
The police have done a half arsed job of the investigation.
They have acted with a complete lack of impartiality and bias.
They waited till the very last minute to charge me. Once the six month limit passes even if I am found not guilty the other driver cant be charged. He is completely off the hook.
They have done the same thing with the brief handing it over on the last day leaving us around two weeks to prepare even though the brief was complete and dated early march.
Its a complete stitch up which has sucked me dry financially and mentally not to mention I am still suffering from my injuries.
I believe if I was driving a normal car the other guy would have been charged.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 11:59:19 AM »
They waited till the very last minute to charge me. Once the six month limit passes even if I am found not guilty the other driver cant be charged. He is completely off the hook.
They have done the same thing with the brief handing it over on the last day leaving us around two weeks to prepare even though the brief was complete and dated early march.

A person would have to wonder if the other driver is somehow associated with the police/court. (Retired? Relative? Lawyer?)

Many moons ago, a Jaguar driver pushed me off my motorcycle from behind in slow moving traffic, and drove off. By the time I got to the police to report it, the bastard -- a solicitor -- had filed a report of the incident claiming that I hit him! I filed a counter claim, but nothing came of it.

Have your solicitor explain those delay circumstances and ask for the case to be rescheduled at the first hearing so that you have more time to prepare, if necessary.

Hope you and your Vette aren't too badly damaged.

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
Thank s Graham.  The vette is dead. Im not. Thats it in a nutshell. By the time im finished this I could have bought another vette.

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
So to add further insult to injury due to the rsin I took my vette and an identical car to the one that hit me to the aaccident scene. Within ten minutes of placing my car on the spot two hwy patrol cars and three cops show up. They asked what I was donig which I told them and then said get the car off the road. I instructed the driver to put the car onto the truck.
Whikst he was getting organised I co tinued to shoot the pics. The other copper got aggressive ordering me to stop photograping. I did stol when I was satisfied with what I had.
He slappede with a thousand dollar fine. For obstructing the road and disobeying an instruction. $515 for each one.
Thats fair enough but yesterday a truck parked a lowloader trailer on the same bit of road 50m from where I had the prang. He completely took up the whole lane.
It sat there for twelve hours with no coppers. My wife rang them at 5pm and we sat waiting for an hour. We rang again and they said they were too busy and would get tonit later.
I handed the fines to my solicitor.  He smiled and said they are tickling me.
Monday is court. Fingers crossed. I really have lost all respect for the police institution.  They are all bad.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »
I handed the fines to my solicitor.  He smiled and said they are tickling me.

I would call that harassment.

Monday is court. Fingers crossed. I really have lost all respect for the police institution.  They are all bad.

Good luck on Monday. Hope you get a fair-minded magistrate.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 10:45:02 AM »
I wish you well in court .
My experiences in court , make me think it's not about justice ,but more about revenue .
Unless you present with an expensive front man,  the more expensive  the better your chances .
Some one has to make money. There is the justice.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »
I've spent 20grand already. I reckon I'm in for at least another ten. There is a retired copper on the street. I'm positive he is pulling some strings. He was spotted at the guys place on more than one occasion. Anyway tomorrow I'll know if I'm walking for a couple of years.
I'm devastated at the treatment I have received from the law. The whole investigation is clearly biased and lacks impartiality.
I'll comment more if I win.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 09:00:09 PM »
Good luck
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 09:45:31 PM »
There is a retired copper on the street.

Aha.

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 06:44:38 PM »
So I had my day in court and all I can say is its a circus.
They kept trying to get me to take a deal. They must have offered me four or five deals lessening the charges each time.
They were that confident that I would plead guilty that they told one of their witnesses he didnt need to come.
I held my ground and then it all fell apart around them. By the time we actually got into court the judge said we didnt have enough time and told off the prosecutor.
I cant go I to more detail but lets just say they made a mess of it.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
In a nutshell: case dismissed or adjourned?

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »
So I had my day in court and all I can say is its a circus.
They kept trying to get me to take a deal. They must have offered me four or five deals lessening the charges each time.
They were that confident that I would plead guilty that they told one of their witnesses he didnt need to come.
I held my ground and then it all fell apart around them. By the time we actually got into court the judge said we didnt have enough time and told off the prosecutor.
I cant go I to more detail but lets just say they made a mess of it.

Well that sounds promising
They only make offers when their case is week
Bfit 
Winston Churchill

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 12:00:06 AM »
Adjourned till July.