Author Topic: Paging Rebel - about that quote in your sig.  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
Paging Rebel - about that quote in your sig.
« on: July 10, 2002, 11:55:18 PM »
"Look kid, around here, I do the Corvettes" ... Mitchell to Shinoda regarding a dispute on C3 design.

I like it.  Never heard that one.  Without knowing all details I must say it is interesting that was said given that Shinoda is credited as designing probably the most distinctive Corvette to date - the split window coupe.

Also interesting that later on it was said that Zora and Mitchell were of different minds about retaining the split for 64.  Mitchell wanted it to stay but Zora wanted it gone for practical (rear vision) reasons.  I assume the difference of opinion between Mitchell & Shinoda was not over the split window.

Anyway, cool quote.
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
Paging Rebel - about that quote in your sig.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 12:09:39 PM »
Vette Obsessed,

Sorry I missed this post somehow .....

I thought I'd get more reaction with that actually .. ;-)

According to a book on early development of the C3, the dispute was over body design and in particular down drafts. I think it was just two great minds clashing over design rights and poetic licence. I can't remember the full details at the moment but I'll check it out and get back to you.

In the meantime, if anyone else knows, post it here .....

I like the quote too ... I usually change them regularly and I was about to change it when I saw this ....