Author Topic: Sat 14 & Sunday 15th February 2015 - Valentine’s Weekend to Nelson Bay - CE008 Now with pics  (Read 33547 times)

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Hi Guys
Deb & I are booked in, looking forward to a great weekend  :cheers:
Neil

It will be good to catch up.
 How the road trip going
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Steeler

• Four Barrel
"ps
I noticed a number of  brown paper bag & bottles on  block next door
near the front of the building !"

The block next door has been cleared for you ;)

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
"ps
I noticed a number of  brown paper bag & bottles on  block next door
near the front of the building !"

The block next door has been cleared for you ;)

Progress
BFit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Hi Gang,

The guys that have their reservations sorted for the weekend away fantastic, if you haven't, a reminder our room reservation cutoff date is 31/12/14  and is approaching fast.
Only 13 couples confirmed thus far & I have noticed a few of the regular names missing from the list? We have a couple of new members attending this year.  :thumb:

Update on the weekend festivities.

Friday
Morning -  Leaving Thornleigh Macca's at 11:00 - Contact person Nick -  0411 126 383
Lunch    -  See what happens.  I'm sure the pool area will be the first point of call.
Dinner   -  Mavericks on the Bay "till late" http://www.mavericksonthebay.com.au/page10518/home.aspx 

Saturday
Morning   -  Members arriving a day late. Leaving Thornleigh Macca's at 10:00. Contact person - TBA
                - The ones who arrived on Friday will be recovering and having a late breaky & waiting to be joined by the late arrivals.
Lunch      - Vues on the Bay  http://www.vuesonthebay.com.au/page13846/menus.aspx
Shopping - Apologies Ladies, not that type. Ref to Sunday's Dinner arrangements.
Dinner     - Sunset Seafood BBQ Dinner Cruise. http://www.imaginecruises.com.au/cruises-tours/sundowner-sail-cruise/
                 I've booked this as a private function so we have the Sailing Catamaran to ourselves. Cost $90.00 per couple, this will be added to your room account at the Resort.
                 The SS Minnow will sail at 5:30pm, for the 2hr leisurely cruise in the bay, swim & enjoy the seafood dinner & yes there is a licensed refreshment station onboard.
                 Casual clothes, swimmers & towel are a must if you would like to go for a dip.
                 The Skipper and Gilligan should have us back to shore at 7:30, to again find another establishment to kick on till late or we may choose to extend                             
                 our time on the Minnow by an hour for the extra cost of $200               

Sunday
Breakfast  - At  your  leisure with friends.
Lunch       - Please meet in the car park  at 10:45 for the drive to Medowie Macadamia farm for lunch.
                 - Following lunch we may visit the Aircraft museum at Williamtown, cost $30 per couple or take a leisurely drive to Lemon tree passage. Cost $0.00                 
                  plus E98
Dinner     -  BBQ night at the resort by the pool, which we all would have become accustomed to. Casual "but" preferably fancy dress.
                 We all would have been shopping Saturday to purchase our diet requirements for the BBQ banquet, food should be aplenty.

"Honey Bourbon Ray"  has offered to be our master Chef for the evening. He will require assistance at the hot plate, any suggestions "Bourbon Bob" :bolt:

Monday    -  Late breakfast then head home or stay another week.

Any questions give me a  :phone:
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Sounds good Nick - we are in, thank god its not a three hour cruise - we all know what happened to the last SS Minow.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
Hi Gang,

The guys that have their reservations sorted for the weekend away fantastic, if you haven't, a reminder our room reservation cutoff date is 31/12/14  and is approaching fast.
Only 13 couples confirmed thus far & I have noticed a few of the regular names missing from the list? We have a couple of new members attending this year.  :thumb:

Update on the weekend festivities.

Friday
Morning -  Leaving Thornleigh Macca's at 11:00 - Contact person Nick -  0411 126 383
Lunch    -  See what happens.  I'm sure the pool area will be the first point of call.
Dinner   -  Mavericks on the Bay "till late" http://www.mavericksonthebay.com.au/page10518/home.aspx 

Saturday
Morning   -  Members arriving a day late. Leaving Thornleigh Macca's at 10:00. Contact person - TBA
                - The ones who arrived on Friday will be recovering and having a late breaky & waiting to be joined by the late arrivals.
Lunch      - Vues on the Bay  http://www.vuesonthebay.com.au/page13846/menus.aspx
Shopping - Apologies Ladies, not that type. Ref to Sunday's Dinner arrangements.
Dinner     - Sunset Seafood BBQ Dinner Cruise. http://www.imaginecruises.com.au/cruises-tours/sundowner-sail-cruise/
                 I've booked this as a private function so we have the Sailing Catamaran to ourselves. Cost $90.00 per couple, this will be added to your room account at the Resort.
                 The SS Minnow will sail at 5:30pm, for the 2hr leisurely cruise in the bay, swim & enjoy the seafood dinner & yes there is a licensed refreshment station onboard.
                 Casual clothes, swimmers & towel are a must if you would like to go for a dip.
                 The Skipper and Gilligan should have us back to shore at 7:30, to again find another establishment to kick on till late or we may choose to extend                             
                 our time on the Minnow by an hour for the extra cost of $200               

Sunday
Breakfast  - At  your  leisure with friends.
Lunch       - Please meet in the car park  at 10:45 for the drive to Medowie Macadamia farm for lunch.
                 - Following lunch we may visit the Aircraft museum at Williamtown, cost $30 per couple or take a leisurely drive to Lemon tree passage. Cost $0.00                 
                  plus E98
Dinner     -  BBQ night at the resort by the pool, which we all would have become accustomed to. Casual "but" preferably fancy dress.
                 We all would have been shopping Saturday to purchase our diet requirements for the BBQ banquet, food should be aplenty.

"Honey Bourbon Ray"  has offered to be our master Chef for the evening. He will require assistance at the hot plate, any suggestions "Bourbon Bob" :bolt:

Monday    -  Late breakfast then head home or stay another week.

Any questions give me a  :phone:

If I'm standing I'll be in it
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
Looks great.

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Sunday night me n Bfit doing the cooking that sound ok , Friday night is usually a problem for me .

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
We're in. Arriving Saturday and departing Monday morning.
Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
We're in.

Welcome aboard Gary & Vicki, will you be joining us for the Saturday BBQ dinner cruise?
And yes, I believe the picture below is of the Cat that we have hired.

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
Yes we will be cruising on the SS Minnow.   :bbq: :cocktail:

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
Sunday night me n Bfit doing the cooking that sound ok , Friday night is usually a problem for me .

Bring Your shot glasses to the BBQ
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Last call out folks. The resort has lifted our reservation on all the rooms and there are only 5 rooms left. If you are wanting to join in, I’d be calling tomorrow.

Offline Ross Baker

• I'm new here
If there are any cancellations for the Nelson Bay week end please let me know .  Email rossbakerrsl@gmail.com

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Hi Ross, welcome to the forum. I've moved your post to this thread.
If I hear of any cancellations, I’ll let you know.

Nick

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
Getting close now
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Nick - got your agender - well done - this will ensure Ole farts like me turn up to the right address. I'd like to see a similar sheet handed out for lunch runs - esp Mals. Its hard to run 10 or 20 Vettes to a destination if roads narrow and we go thru Traffic lights and participants are not familiar with the area's. Thank You.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Getting close now
Bfit

Indeed it is Bfit & it’s coming together nicely.  :cheers:
Only change is the meeting time on the Friday morning. It’s now a 10:00 departure time from Maccas.

I'd like to see a similar sheet handed out for lunch runs

Weekend away events, you would expect to have all details in order for it to run smoothly.
With our normal Sunday club run, perhaps we could look at having the lead car, a member in the centre and one at the back of the pack who are familiar with the destination.
Something to discuss at the next meeting I guess.

Offline 69CVET

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Big Block
  • Car: 1972 Big Block 4 Speed
Top weekend up there for Sat/Sun be sure to drop into the Mariner over the Weekend , Marlin Classic is on !!
You see some beauties brought in from the Game Boats for the Weigh ins