Author Topic: Hello from an old time member from 20 years ago  (Read 4931 times)

Offline fluckaduck

• I'm new here
Hello from an old time member from 20 years ago
« on: September 16, 2014, 07:30:42 PM »
Well hello everyone!

My name's Eugene. I was a member around 20 years ago. To be honest, I really can't remember the names of any guys back then, sorry! I wish I did though. But what I do have are old pics from some of the cruises I attended. I'll get to the pics shortly  :bouncesmile:

I started with the Vette obsession in the early 90s with a '74 nassau blue. It was unregistered and partially restored. I bought it for 12 grand and fixed her up, got it regoed and I was on my way!

Not long after, I joined the club and regularly attended the meetings at Auburn RSL (I think it was there). I met a lot of fantastic people back then. I think the president used to live in Panania. My first outing with the club was a cruise up to the Hunter Valley. Here's some pics from back then!

I sold the '74 and before I knew it, I had a 71" big block. I remember buying it from a guy who founded Apollo Blinds down in Taren Point. I had a love-hate relationship with that car. She would drive fine for about an hour or so and then the clutch would cease operating. Had her towed so many times that I lost count. I sold that car for 27 grand around 97/98. Anyway, here's the car.

I went on a lot of cruises and events with the 71. The most memorable was the Aus Motorcycle GP at Eastern Creek. The club was invited to attend with our special parking area on one of the hills. I remember Gary McCoy won the 250 race while Mick Doohan and Alex Criville crashed in the 500 race. I was shattered. I took pics from that day but unfortunately, they are still hiding somewhere. What I did find are pics from a show at Wisemans Ferry. Here's some pics from that day.

And now it brings me to why I'm here....

To find my next Vette of course, haha.

My all time fav would have to be a C2 Vette and my dream car was this one back in the 90s.

I don't remember the chap who owned it but I remember he was an extremely nice and approachable guy. Does anyone know this particular car and if so, is it still with the same owner?

Anyway, enough of me babbling. I hope you enjoy my story and the pics and more importantly, to help me find my next car  :laugh:

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Re: Hello from an old time member from 20 years ago
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »
Welcome back!

Some great photos there. Looks like plenty turned out to those events.

The Club President from 1992-1999 was Steve Browne, who is one of our Life Members. The other Life Members who you may remember are Club founder Maurie Mouyat, Frank Rejtano, Les Teefy and Steve Busutill.

I don't know if the blue C2 is still around, but according to RMS that particular rego expired in 2006.

Best of luck with your search for a C2. They are getting hard to find in Oz in any reasonable condition.

PS: Here's one that has been discussed on this forum recently:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Chevrolet-Corvette-1964/SSE-AD-2648543
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline coradict72

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 07:00:18 AM »
I loved seeing the flashback
Welcome back to vette world.
Yes the blue thunderous 66 was owned by the one and only My Neil Fletcher
from fletchers photographics fame due to health issues his entire collection was just sold
and the beaut 66 big block sold for 85000 at auction in victoria to a new owner just 2 weeks ago
The entire collection was sold, there is an article on the cars for listing.on our forum search.cheers

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:33:14 AM »
Hi fluckaduck the c2 was owned by Neil Fletcher ( Fletcherfoto Graphics ) That car along with the rest of his collection was sold off only 2 weeks ago ,due to illness .RAY

Offline fluckaduck

• I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 01:55:57 PM »
Thanks guys. Steve Browne. Yes I do remember his name. The guy was really cool and helped me out with a lot of problems on the 71.

Wow. I can't believe that Neil's C2 was just recently sold. Admiring that car for 20 years and it just went 2 weeks ago. I wish Fletch all the best. He was a really cool guy as well back then.

That 64 is super sweet but I really want to chase a big block.

Thanks guys.

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »
Welcome back!

Some great photos there. Looks like plenty turned out to those events.

The Club President from 1992-1999 was Steve Browne, who is one of our Life Members. The other Life Members who you may remember are Club founder Maurie Mouyat, Frank Rejtano, Les Teefy and Steve Busutill.

Welcome back Eugene and thanks for the trip down memory lane.... :thumb:

Steve Busutill's,  Daytona Yellow 69 Big Block Roadster is actually captured in your 4th pic that you posted and yes he still has the beauty.

Best of luck with hunting for your new dream Vette .

Jethro

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 05:48:53 PM »
Welcome back Steve Browne

??? Steve never left us.

Eugene: The Club now has a 20 year membership award. The list of recipients might ring some more bells for you:

http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au/membership-awards.html
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:56:39 PM »
??? Steve never left us.

Eugene: The Club now has a 20 year membership award. The list of recipients might ring some more bells for you:

http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au/membership-awards.html

Correction, Eugene