Author Topic:  (Read 7383 times)

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
(No subject)
« on: July 09, 2002, 04:18:27 PM »
77cvt,

it's an auto and based on the new piece, it should have screws on the side. My carpet comes right up to the piece though and seems to cover any side panels so I'm confused as to how the thing got put there in the first place ......

any help would be appreciated .....

thanx ..

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 09:21:48 AM »
I may not be understanding exactly what you are removing as I have only really worked on my '77.

If it is the shifter boot, there are 2 screws top and bottom of the base of the boot, screwing into a metal rim on the inside of the console.  Undo the screws and manouvre it out from the top.

If you are talking about the whole console from the instument guages down to the parking brake, I haven't removed this (it's about the only thing!) yet, but I'd imagine there would be 2 srews top, middle and bottom to remove plus heater cables and shift indicator (P, R, N, D, 2, 1).  Mine is a one piece console.

This is probably no help at all.  There is something to be said about buying a digital camera! ;)

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 01:51:31 PM »
the gear boot was easy mate - I'm very inquisitive, if there's a screw, I'll find it (don't tell my wife that .. ;-) )

Unfortunately it's the plate I need to remove and can't see where the screws are ....

As for the digital camera ... try this ..

http://www.ement.com/Photo/VT074-Nrwst-1.jpg

Thanx ....