Author Topic: May 4th 2014 Wings Over The Illawarra # CE032 Now with pics  (Read 10256 times)

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
  • Committee Member & Southern Rep
  • Mood: Unsure
May 4th 2014 Wings Over The Illawarra # CE032 Now with pics
« on: March 05, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »
Hi Corvettians.

We have a new run posted thanks to Jeff Wilson's fantastic efforts to get the club listed for this even.  :banana:

Wings Over Illawarra will be a great day for the entire family with a wide range of activities and displays, including an Air Show of aerobatic, historic, modern and military aircraft along with defence force exhibits, freestyle motocross displays, classic cars and bikes, amusement rides and merchandise and food stalls.  :bbq: :drunk:

We will have a designated area. Details will follow in posts shortly. For now to register go to http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/ then go to ==> GET INVOLVED tab at the top, then go to ==> CLASSIC MOTOR CLUBS, Then scroll down to REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE. Select our club and fill in your details. Please let me know when you have registered so that I can keep Jeff informed of numbers as he is liaising with the organisers.

This should be a great day out  :pepper: and fun for the whole family. I am told we supported this event in the past and it was enjoyed by all that attended.  :rol:

Call me with your rego and mobile number if you need help in registering and also as mentioned to let me know if you are going.

Many thanks to Jeff from us all at the club Jeff for organising this for us.  :thumb:
Reliable is boring. My car is exciting.

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Re: May 4th 2014 Wings Over The Illawarra # CE032 Now with pics
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:35:51 AM »

As Mal said... after following his instructions you will end up on this page http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/page/classic-motor-clubs

See image below

Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline 80 Vet

• Four Barrel
  • There is nothing quite like a vette
  • Mood: Feelin like a cruise
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »
Hiya Mal, I have just registered 80VET for Wings Over The Illawarra. Should be a great day out. Hey Jethro do I need to save you a spot next to the high horsepower Corvettes or are you joining the Anglia Club for the day.  :rol:

Offline neil 58

• No Bloody Good
  • Two Barrel
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
Hi Mal, I've registered , Deb & I are looking forward to it, sounds like a great day.
stand up for what you believe in

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »
Registered today. Reading the fine print the ticket is only for the driver of the car and the passenger will have to purchase their ticket on line or on the day. Cost $26.00 plus charges.

https://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/page/tickets
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »
Hiya Mal, I have just registered 80VET for Wings Over The Illawarra. Should be a great day out. Hey Jethro do I need to save you a spot next to the high horsepower Corvettes or are you joining the Anglia Club for the day.  :rol:

So Chris do you mean you'll save me a spot as like ya's DIDN"T at the Bezerkly show   :grr: I've registered to :thumb:

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »
Great guys. Welcome aboard. Good point that Nick made. need to take extra cash for your passenger to get in. Sneaky hey?

Offline 80 Vet

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »
Jethro's registered too, oh great.  :grr:  Now I will have to buy some cable ties to secure my spark plug leads.  :bounce:

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »
Jethro's registered too, oh great.  :grr:  Now I will have to buy some cable ties to secure my spark plug leads.  :bounce:

Pay back is a Bitch Chris :rol: :rol:

Offline toyvet

• Tri Powered
  • Club Plate Registrar
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »
$ 26--NOT FAIR - IM IN JUST ME AND THE OTHER WOMAN-- AS ALWAYS :rol: :rol:

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 05:11:44 PM »
Flyer updated 24/03/14
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 08:42:21 PM »
Hi Guy's and Gal's. We now have a start time for this event. We plan to meet at Uncle Leo's (Address at the top of this thread). We will meet around 6:30 am an then leave Uncle Leo's at 7:00 am to arrive at the airfield by 8 am. Those that want to meet at the aerodrome should let Jeff Wilson or myself know so that we can make sure we all enter the airfield together.  Don't forget to register your car on the website or you will not be able to get in on the day. Free for the car and driver but $26 for a passenger.

Cheers

Mal.

Flyer updated by Camo 02/04/14

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 07:39:55 AM »
Hi Guy's and Gal's. We now have a start time for this event. We plan to meet at Uncle Leo's (Address at the top of this thread). We will meet around 6:30 am an then leave Uncle Leo's at 7:00 am to arrive at the airfield by 8 am. Those that want to meet at the aerodrome should let Jeff Wilson or myself know so that we can make sure we all enter the airfield together.  Don't forget to register your car on the website or you will not be able to get in on the day. Free for the car and driver but $26 for a passenger.

Cheers

Mal.

Flyer updated by Camo 02/04/14

I'll be coming and have registered. So save me a spot lad's see ya's on the tarmac

Jethro

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 10:22:46 PM »
Hi Guys.

Getting close to the cut off for registration for this event. Please go to the site and register before this Friday the 2nd. Then let myself and or Jeff Wilson know you have registered.

See you all Sunday morning 6:30 ish at Uncle Leo's for a 7:00 am run down or meet us at the airfield entrance (8:00 am) so we can go in together.

:) Cheers

Mal. 0419 488 166 or email southern@nswcorvettes.com.au

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »
Isn't it nice when you realise that Wings Over the Illawarra involves planes and not Paul McCartney. Thought I had cheap tickets to a concert!

Offline 80 Vet

• Four Barrel
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 05:01:01 PM »
Hiya Mal, I will be waiting on the side of the freeway between Kanahooka road and Fowlers road about 0745 hours. Give us a toot as you go past just in case I have fallen asleep. Chris  :grin:

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
As far as I can see at the moment the air show is still on so see you all tomorrow at the meeting points.

NOTES FROM THE ORGANISERS for those going direct to the field and not meeting at Uncle Leo's.

Classic Vehicle Instructions

Dear Classic Vehicle Owner,

Thank you for registering to display your vehicle at Wings over Illawarra 2014 which is being held on 4th May 2014.

On the Day
When you are arriving at Albion Park Rail, whether it be from the North or the South you will need to turn into the Airport Precinct from the Princes Highway via Airport Road at the traffic lights.

The Traffic Management staff will direct you to turn left into Hargraves Avenue.  At the end of Hargraves Avenue you will turn right into Boomerang Avenue.

Entry to the Classic Vehicle Display area will be via Gate 9 (East of the HARS Hangar) Turn left.
Once you turn into the entrance at Gate 9 the staff will direct you to your designated parking area.  All clubs have been allocated spaces with your fellow club members. Due to the limited space all vehicles will need to remain in their allocated spaces.

Access to the area will be from 7:00 am until 9:00 am.  This is not negotiable and gates will be closed at 9:00 am to allow access for the general public onto the Airshow site.

Each vehicle owner has already been sent a complimentary ticket.  If you have not received your complimentary ticket please contact me and I will rectify the situation. Passengers in your vehicle will need to purchase a ticket prior to entering, either online or at the gates to the airfield.  Staff will be available to assist you.  If you wish to purchase tickets for your passengers these can still be bought online at http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/page/general-admission

Leaving the Airfield
All Classic Vehicles that have agreed to display at Wings over Illawarra will be required to remain on the site until 3:30 pm.  This is once again not negotiable.  Gates will be locked until 3:30 pm.

To ease traffic when you leave the airfield you should turn left as you depart and leave via Airport Road.

We are looking forward to you and your classic vehicle being a part of Wings Over Illawarra.  If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting me on 0417 335 409 or admin@wingsoverillawarra.com.au.

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 07:48:56 PM »
Cheers Mal. C ya's tomozz at the airport.

Jethro

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
Cool. See you there.  :banana: :pepper:

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
Jethro
You YOU are going out to a run IN the vette
Far king  ell
Interested in driving to Perth in 2016 for the convention
MPH testing on the Nullarbor
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill