Author Topic: Power window adjustment  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Dale

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
Power window adjustment
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
Hi everyone, I am a newby to the club and to corvette ownership, just 5 months. I have my 80 vette just about how I want it now, it was a full body off rebuild by a local mechanic who has a great reputation ( his car has won best street car at summernats 2 years in a row, Kris Hodgers) so I am pretty comfortable that things have been done correctly. The issue I have is that the power windows do not fit good enough, don't go right up, maybe 5 mil short and need more angle in at the top to seal properly. This means a lot of wind noise and a few drops of water when it rains, not good. I have read on other forums that this is a tricky fix needing some experience and expertise. My local panel beater has had a go and says they are currently at full adjustment but he thinks he can get them right by tacking on some extra pieces to get the extra adjustment. I feel a bit worried about that and wondered if anyone knew of an expert in this field I could contact.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Re: Power window adjustment
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 06:06:03 PM »
Hi Dale & welcome to the forum.

Window adjustment can be painful and is difficult to explain on the forum.
Links below should help you on how to adjust the Channel stoppers and how to move the glass forward and back.

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/tech-articles/1969-1982-corvette-door-outer-window-seals-replacement/

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/tech-articles/1968-1982-window-regulator-power-rebuild/

CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »
Hey Dale,

Welcome and rest assured your in good hand's with Kris and he's crew down at Warilla they are great lad's too :thumb:

When ya get a chance post a couple of pic's of your new ride .... and if you need some assistance a couple of us lad's are locals in the Gong  :drunk:

Jethro

Offline toyvet

• Tri Powered
  • Club Plate Registrar
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »
hello Dale --regarding your window problems give Alan Dean [ club member ] a call on 0430769293 -I had the same problem and he has done an excellent job in fixing my windows --hope this information helps.

regards

Jorge

Offline Dale

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »
Hey everyone, thank you so much for the help, how do you know Kris Jethro?
Jorge, thanks for the tip, I have just spoken to Alan and he has very kindly offered to have a look at it, can't believe how helpful you all are, looking forward to catching up in person.

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »
Hey everyone, thank you so much for the help, how do you know Kris Jethro?
Jorge, thanks for the tip, I have just spoken to Alan and he has very kindly offered to have a look at it, can't believe how helpful you all are, looking forward to catching up in person.

Hey Bro,

He did some work on a C4 I once had and I still keep in touch with em...

Jethro