Author Topic: Hooker headers and side pipes  (Read 4740 times)

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
Hooker headers and side pipes
« on: November 17, 2013, 05:56:06 PM »
Hi,
Im installing hooker headers and side pipes to my 69 bigblock. I bought the set new from the USA as factory seconds. there are a few small marks on them but you can barley see them .

The headers seemed to fit pretty good without any problems.

I was just wondering the best way to attach the side pipes as mine did not come with any mounting hardware. the brackets on the pipes seem to line up with the holes in the chassis, but im unsure of what to use.
Anyone got any ideas?? i would assume the small block ones are the same fitting process as the big block pipes.
thanks
dan

Offline wabco40

• Fuel Injected
Re: Hooker headers and side pipes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
Hi,
Im installing hooker headers and side pipes to my 69 bigblock. I bought the set new from the USA as factory seconds. there are a few small marks on them but you can barley see them .

The headers seemed to fit pretty good without any problems.

I was just wondering the best way to attach the side pipes as mine did not come with any mounting hardware. the brackets on the pipes seem to line up with the holes in the chassis, but im unsure of what to use.
Anyone got any ideas?? i would assume the small block ones are the same fitting process as the big block pipes.
thanks
dan

Hooker have a side pipe mounting kit available. It consist of T bolts and rubber cushions and uses the existing holes in the chassis.
Summit have it listed as part number HOK-65668XHKR.
Brad

Offline wabco40

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:02:10 PM »
Hey thats great!! thanks for that wabco40, I just ordered the parts!! yea!!