Author Topic: Splash shield to inner fender for a 79 C3?  (Read 4099 times)

Offline cue487023

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
Splash shield to inner fender for a 79 C3?
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:14:26 PM »
Hi All,

Could anyone tell me where I could source a splash shield to inner fender for a 79 C3 from? They seem to sell the splash shields for the rear wheel arch, but not for the front. I need one for the drivers side (ours, not theirs).

Thanks, Colin

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline cue487023

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
Re: Splash shield to inner fender for a 79 C3?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
Hi Nick,
That looks like the part. Sorry, I looked on Corvette Central, Willcox, Zip & Keen but not Ecklers for the part. I was burnt with freight from Ecklers before so I tend not to use them. I may have to make an exception though as they seem to be the only one to stock it.
Did you get the photos I emailed last week?
Thanks, Colin

Is this what you’re after, Colin?

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corvette-splash-shield-lower-outer-right-1970-1979.html

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »
I agree, their freight is a joke. I looked at purchasing an air dam for the 72.
Cost - around $180.00.  Freight by air was $700.00. Yeah right!

My question to them was, is there an alternative in shipping this item “slow boat perhaps?”
Reply, sorry FedEx or nothing.

I contacted another supplier who purchased the item from Ecklers at a discount price then sent the part on the “slow boat”. Total cost including shipping around the $250.00
Had to wait a month but who gives a !!!!

Send these guys a email Colin - http://www.fullthrottlecorvette.com/ if they haven’t the parts you require send them a link to what you are looking for using other sites as a reference.

If the item can be sent by USPS - Sam will send it. Last order I placed took a week to arrive.

Did you get the photos I emailed last week?
Thanks, Colin

Collin, the pictures came through fine. Now you have mastered the art of sending pic’s via U2U, how about starting a thread about your 79 body off Resto?  :grin2:

Nick
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline cue487023

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »

You would think with the US economy in such a crap state companies such as Ecklers would be bending over backwards to rake in some international business, but I also found that they were completely inflexible with their shipping. I will try full throttle corvette for the part. Thanks for the heads up.

If you are chasing big freight, I used USAtoAUS to import my exhaust system. Their rates seem competitive and I found them pretty good to deal with. Better still all 5 boxes of my exhaust system made it undamaged!

I still have a bit of gear to pull out of my car before I take the body off. I also have a dolly to make thanks to some kind gentleman who forwarded me some plans! I will try to start a thread when I've got a little more to show.

Thanks again for your help Nick.