Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Post 84 / Re: C4 1987 Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
« Last post by Vettech on Today at 01:55:50 PM »
I agree Sirfixalot, the text and even notations on the ccts indicate an ~ 2sec relay "on" time at ignition switched on so as to pressurize the fuel rail. The text is sparse and vague and does not specifically say much at all. See blowup of part of schematic.

HOWEVER ! Having said above, and placing a test lamp into the ALDL "G" plug - my 90 is either wired differently to the 87 schematic or I have a wiring problem, or incorrect relay being used, or wires in wrong connections. Why !?. I plug lamp into "G" (to earth), ignition on, and lamp comes on, start engine, the lamp stays on !?!?!?!  My understanding is the "G" is off relay NC contact "D" and upon relay activation it should open  - ummmm.?....

Could be:
Relay - wrong type or RS.
Oil pressure switch bypassed. (This depends on the +12v being swiched)

87 and earlier have issues with relays (MAF, BURNOFF & Fuel) and I see comments that they are the same.!?
THEY DEFINITELY ARE NOT THE SAME. They look the same, but internally the contactors are quiet different, and perform different functions.  :banghead:

NSW Corvette Club Runs, Events & Notices / Re: Tues 4th May Club Meeting.
« Last post by Vettech on Yesterday at 05:53:29 PM »
Don't hurry home Bfit - its still raining.
« Last post by Bfit on May 06, 2021, 11:24:36 AM »
Excellent to read these comments
Bfit
« Last post by sirfixalot on May 05, 2021, 08:31:16 PM »
Fuel pump relay is shown in de energised position, relay is only energised  by ecm for a few seconds to get fuel pressure for start up circuit 465. Engine starts and allows 12V+ via oil pressure switch to fuel pump 12V + goes to diagnostic plug when fuel pump relay is de energised only. Both circuits are never energised at same time it is one or the other 12v back feeds to all points of both circuits. If the oil pressure switch is disconnected engine will stop, this is a safety feature that if engine stops ie in a front crash pump stops and doesn't poor fuel into engine bay if fuel line is damaged.
« Last post by Vettech on May 05, 2021, 07:29:13 PM »
Only 22.56.15 not 2300hrs, so there Ray - get it right.

I know that 2200hrs (10pm for interlectuals) is past you Old Farts bedtime, but some of us keep on keepng on.

:therethere:
Transmissions - Differentials / Re: C2 Corvette Differential Rebuild
« Last post by Cmaces on May 05, 2021, 06:05:45 PM »
Thanks, guys
« Last post by MY081 on May 05, 2021, 09:08:27 AM »
Maybe 11PM is not the best time to fix the problems of the Corvette World. Uncle Doug. Ray
« Last post by MY081 on May 05, 2021, 09:06:11 AM »
Yes Uncle Doug great meeting !!!! Fantastic to see some of the original and long standing members attend. The venue seems OK probably more convenient for more members (not me ) but hey us westies have had a good run!!! A big thank you to the committee for holding the club together during the Covid Dramas.Ray
« Last post by Vettech on May 04, 2021, 10:56:15 PM »
I will be replying in full, but when I've found the info.
I must admit it took me awhile to find your cct pic in my books.

Stay Tuned.  My biggest issue is squeezing my pics small enough.

P.S plus now you have sown doubt, I will do a test, but the 87 is in bits, and I'm reluctant to use the 90.

NSW Corvette Club Runs, Events & Notices / Tues 4th May Club Meeting.
« Last post by Vettech on May 04, 2021, 10:51:15 PM »
Yes members, our 1st meet for awhile now, this one at Eastern Creek Raceway.

Approx 40 odd members, with a splash of new faces, and some old faces re-appearing.

Smooth quick meet, with plenty of chat at tea break.

Thank You all, was great to see interest has not wained esp on a cold & wet night.

NEWS FLASH- due to circumstances & Post Masters beyond my controll, I will not be able to post mags untill Friday.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10