Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
NSW Corvette Club Runs, Events & Notices / Re: Brass Monkey Run 25th June
« Last post by Vettech on Yesterday at 07:47:24 PM »
Well what a top day out.
I did not even count the cars, Vettes, Mustangs, Mercs, Prancing Horses, VL's and shopping trollies.

Should be some good pics - most likely in the next Mag.

Good to see Wayne & Wilma with roof down on Vette.

Great day, great food - and just quietly some good vino. Big thanks to Wayne and esp Deb

« Last post by Vettech on June 21, 2022, 01:56:35 PM »
I believe we have a few peoples attending.

Now I'm going and I'll have a fork in one hand and a glass of vino in the other - Ergo I will not be able carry a change box, pens, receipt books or lots of small notes.

The restaraunt will NOT split bills, its a STD $60/head for a 6/7 course sit down lunch.
( pay for your personal drinks at the bar as you go, in keeping with club policy with not supplying alcohol).

So we have two easy ways to go.
1. Front up with EXACTLY $60/head to pay me, I will mark you off the list.
2. Pay $60/head direct deposit into the club account - saves any messing around on the day.

To ensure your deposit - place your "SURNAME" and the word "BRASS" in the reference field. Yes we want the word BRASS as we are also collecting for Xmas in JULY, this will save the poor old treasurer from becoming confussed. Thank You in advance for your assistance in this matter, and I hope to see a lot of smiling faces on the day.
Regards.

Corvette Related Chat / Re: C8 Corvette
« Last post by Bfit on June 14, 2022, 06:37:18 PM »
I may be the odd one out but I consider 206k for a 120k car is a bit to much.
We here in Australia no longer have a valid motor vehicle manufacturing industry, so I see no reason to insist on imported vehicles to be RHD .
There is no local industry to protect.
?
 Bfit
Corvette Related Chat / C8 Corvette
« Last post by coradict72 on June 13, 2022, 07:36:33 PM »
Saw a new C8 at a dealer in campbelltown white in colour conv.
My enquiry to purchase one is a 4 year wait with no money down
They had 45 folks on the list allready to get one
Dealer was saying price now at $206,000  and heading for $300k
Such is the demand  first impression on the vette "amazing" short front long back
seat position seems a bit low.it was sold so no sitting or starting but he opened the driver door for me
It looked very personal the whole cockpit thing.
So ALL I can say that dream is done but this beast has pushed up the used car market
and its just tooooo wanted ..just my 5 cents worth
« Last post by Bfit on June 09, 2022, 08:24:32 AM »
Peter ,Thank you for posting this
Bfit
NSW Corvette Club Runs, Events & Notices / Brass Monkey Run 25th June
« Last post by peterp on June 07, 2022, 07:58:31 PM »

NSW Corvette Club Runs, Events & Notices / Re: Xmas in July - Urgent update.
« Last post by Bfit on May 31, 2022, 05:33:02 PM »
We will be having a discussion on this matter in our June meeting.
Bfit
« Last post by gtc on May 30, 2022, 07:30:51 PM »
it takes SOME members 6 months to pay their subs, if I had my way the subs would fall due on the 1st May. each year.

Six months late is over the top. In many places, being just month or two late in paying the annual fee would mean that you automatically lose your membership.

I think it used to be that members who were 3 months (?) in arrears were removed from the magazine mailout.
« Last post by Vettech on May 30, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »
Yes "GTC" as ever always correct - but it takes SOME members 6 months to pay their subs, if I had my way the subs would fall due on the 1st May. each year.
« Last post by Vettech on May 30, 2022, 01:07:40 PM »
Xmas in July is filling rapidly.

However, if you are thinking of joining us, then let Mandy know and forward you payment.

We need to let the Caterers know numbers VERY soon.

AND NOW - I see a void in those who are attending - this year we have gone North specifically at the continual calls from our Northern members to venter over the Bridge, and have runs up that neck of the woods - well we are there, but we are seeing only two members, one from Port and one from Medowie.

Maybe Northern members have not seen the Fb or Website adds for this up coming weekend.
Also quiet a few are staying at Harrigans and not the Mercure.  (just some food for thought)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10