Technical Tips > Radiators - Cooling

Filling radiator

<< < (2/6) > >>

gtc:

--- Quote from: Scott on September 13, 2013, 08:41:06 AM ---I have also seen thermostat covers with the fill cap mounted in the top.

--- End quote ---

That's what I have. Needed a few mm machined off its base to fit under the air cleaner.

bfit:

--- Quote from: StephenSLR on September 13, 2013, 12:17:33 PM ---Is there an option to install a coolant overflow reservoir?

This way when the coolant heats and expands it goes into the reservoir taking the air with it, when it cools down and shrinks it draws only coolant from the reservoir ... provided the coolant hose is at the top of the rad.

s

--- End quote ---

Yes fit an expansion tank , BB vehicles have them
With a air bleed line fom top RH radiator tank to expansion tank
Bfit

StephenSLR:

--- Quote from: Lefty on September 12, 2013, 01:50:42 PM ---assuming I want to get 100% liquid in the radiator and no air
--- End quote ---

Ideally you want to eliminate all the air in the radiator. 

Rust forms at the air / liquid interface.

s

Lefty:
Many thanks,
Had a minor issue with heater hose last weekend which lead to the question. Have filled the car and it did self bleed, which was good, ow holding temperature well, bypassed the heater so the small hose outlet from the water pump goes straight into the thermostat housing (these are different diameters?). I don't think the vet needs any heating, any time of the year, the internal temperature always is warm.

Keen to install the hole to the thermostat or buy one pre done, in the near future.

Many thanks to all for responses.

Lefty

Lefty:
I found this recently. I was looking for information on Evans waterless coolant after seing it on jay lenos garage. I'm concerned about summer temps and maintaining cooling. Interesting read.

http://www.norosion.com/evanstest.htm

Cheers,

Lefty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version