Author Topic: Seat refurbishment  (Read 4201 times)

Offline 72C3

• Two Barrel
Seat refurbishment
« on: May 25, 2013, 05:11:33 AM »
Going to refurbish my seats in my 72.  Foam and covers are original and foam is dead and covers are starting to split.  Looking at getting the covers and foam from the states and then fitting them over here.  I understand the gear from Corvette America is pretty good but would love to hear from anyone who has done this and used their products,  Would also be interested in find out shipping cost for these items.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Stu

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
Re: Seat refurbishment
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 08:43:49 AM »
I got the seat cushions for to 80 model seats re-trimmed professionally by a local guy in a good quality fake leather for $800.  Take that into consideration when you way up your options.  When I looked into it, there were a number of people who weren't 100% happy with the pre-fabbed seat covers and couldn't get them to fit right.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:17:51 PM »
Agree that fit-wise it would be safer getting this done locally if you can find the right guy to do it.

IIRC, member 72Vet had his done here. If he doesn't spot your post you could PM him.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »
There is a club member who does upholstery work
I don't know is handle on the form
Some one will know  and hopefully chin in with
Steve's contact info
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »
Hi Stu,

I agree with the other guy’s about the trim not fitting correctly.
I purchased seat cushions from the states had them re-trimmed locally for a $1000 in leather.

FYI, Just recieved a quote for 1981 seat cushions to be sent by air. Cost $390.00  :barfaway: looks like their coming over by boat.
CLICK ME to see my albums.