Items for Sale by Club Members & Friends > Corvette Related Parts for Sale

Genuine 1969 Side pipe covers, side pipes and attaching hardware

(1/1)

cosmicvette:
Genuine 1969 Side pipe covers, side pipes and attaching hardware.

In answer to a couple of emails:
- YES the pipes bolt straight up to the factory exhaust manifolds no messing around.
- YES they fit all years of C3 corvette (1968-1982)

I did advertise these last year but soon after changed ISP and totally forgot to update my details and upload the photos to a new host, so please email again if you are interested I wasn't being rude, I just didn't get your emails :) . please email me at flying242 -at- hotmail.com if you are interested, you can PM me here but I definitely don't check my PM's as often.

Now that I have sold my 1970 I am selling some of the parts I collected for it over the years.

I have a set of 1969 side pipes (for a small block) and a set of genuine original (not reproduction) 1969 GM side pipe covers, these are the genuine chromed metal GM made covers complete with the internal fiberglass and aluminium insulators (these stop the side pipe covers from getting hot). Also included is new side pipe cover attaching hardware.

In answer to a couple of emails: YES the pipes bolt straight up to the factory exhaust manifolds no messing around.

These are the genuine GM 1969 side pipe covers not modern (crappy) fiberglass replicas. These are rare and took me years of searching to find all the parts.

As you can see in the photos I actually have extra side pipe cover parts that I collected these are (not including the complete set of side pipe covers):
- 4 center section pieces (GM Part#: 3948020) (the center section is the same for both left and right side)
- 1 left Front sidepipe cover piece (GM Part#: 3948022 LH )
- 1 right front sidepipe cover piece (GM Part#: 3948022 RH)
So there are almost enough covers to make 2-3 sets

The pipes are basically new, they were on my car for less than 1000km, I removed them as I didn't want to sell them with the car (the new owner got a good enough deal as it was  :tears: ). They made the car sound good and without any chance of burning your leg like other non factory side exhausts.

Also included is an exhaust riser valve (also with less than 1000km of use) and matching gasket.

These factory covers and side pipes fit any C3, if you have a big block you need different pipes (or need to modify these ones) but the covers are the same.

I have spent more than $4500 collecting all of these parts, some of which I obtained after a visit to Corvettes at Carlisle 7 years ago. As I have said original 1969 side exhaust covers are extremely hard to find.

I would like $2500 for everything, no offers please.

Bad Points: The chrome is pitted and lifting in a few places (mainly at the end of the covers where the hot exhaust exits), you could get them re-chromed if you wanted them perfect but can be used as is. A couple of the extra center sections of the side exhaust have the attaching screws sheared off in the holes but can be cleared out fairly easily.

You will not find a better, more complete set of genuine original covers. I have never seen a set for sale in Australia before and they only come up rarely in the USA usually not complete like this set, and in terrible condition.

Please email me at flying242 -at- hotmail.com if you are interested

I would like $2500 for everything, no offers please.

Thanks,
Cosmic

Gray-man:
G,day,does anyone know how to get in touch with this bloke (cosmicvette) my mate is very interested in buying these and we have tried emails u2u,s but cant get a reply any help would be appreciated

72vet:
You have PM Gray-man

Gray-man:
Thanks Nick for helping me sort it out.The Forum has come through again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version