Author Topic: NSW vehicles on Historic Rego must still display rego stickers after 1/1/2013  (Read 5222 times)

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
As we know, the NSW government has decided to abolish rego labels in 2013 for certain classes of vehicles, as follows:

From 1 January 2013, registration stickers will no longer be required for light vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM). NSW Police use number plate recognition cameras to automatically detect if a vehicle is unregistered.

Please note: You must keep your current registration sticker on until 1 January 2013.

Which vehicles still need a registration sticker?

* Heavy vehicles more than 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM), which includes most public buses.
* Vehicles registered under the Conditional Registration Scheme.
* Vehicles issued an Unregistered Vehicle Permit.

Full details here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/abolish_labels/index.html

The Conditional Registration Scheme includes vehicles with Historic (aka "Club") rego:

"Historic vehicles manufactured 30 or more years ago are eligible for conditional registration if the operator belongs to an Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority)-recognised historic vehicle club, and the vehicle has not been altered except for certain safety features or period accessories.  The vehicle's use of the road network is restricted to club events."

Full details here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/conditional_registration.html
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
Which vehicles still need a registration sticker?

* Vehicles issued an Unregistered Vehicle Permit.

So registered vehicles no longer need a registration sticker but unregistered vehicles need a registration sticker?

Govt.'s  gone mad.

s

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
So registered vehicles no longer need a registration sticker but unregistered vehicles need a registration sticker?

Govt.'s  gone mad.

They are registered in the sense that the plate tracks the registered owner, they just get to pay less for less use of the vehicle.

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
Yeah I get it but just sayin, it's a reversal of what previously was for those who drove unregistered cars illegally anyway.

s

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
So what is the situation for a car
with no  sticker and no plate
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
So what is the situation for a car
with no  sticker and no plate
Bfit

Who (legally) drives a car with no plates?