Author Topic: 1969 Numbers matching tri power for sale  (Read 7759 times)

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
1969 Numbers matching tri power for sale
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »
Hi all,

I have a couple cars for sale, But first, I have my 1969 400hp 4 speed tri power convertable for sale. its a genuine matching numbers car (definately not a re-stamped block) with a fully re-built original factory 427. I have all the receipts, over 6k spent on motor overhaul.

Very collectable and rare car.

This car is completely factory original, and in great condition, including braided spark plug leads

I just spent 2k on a sound system as well! if you dont want sound system, it can be removed.
It has full NSW rego.
very nice car, Contact me via email , dre55342@bigpond.net.au, and i will give you a call  if interested. I can send photos.

I also have a 1970 factory matching numbers 454 big block coupe, and a 1970 matching numbers small block 4 speed convertable for sale. both of these cars are in incredible condition.

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
Re: 1969 Numbers matching tri power for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »
 :useless: or prices.

s

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »
true
one normal assumes when no price is listed
its going to be up there in the price range
from the earlier photos when this come in to the country it looks OK
and knowing where he purchased it.
The car would  not have been priced at the low end of the market

as we all know  there are a lot of vettes for sale
it take a very good car to find a buyer in the premium price range

its on E bay with photos
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:06 AM »
one normal assumes when no price is listed its going to be up there in the price range

Yep and usually the case for any POA ad.

Some forums have rules that you can't advertise a sale unless you list the price and pics I think are essential.

s

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
yes Stephen
that is something that could be put to December  meeting
sounds like a reasonable idea to me
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
Hi,

If you don't like the way I write my add, then pull it down. Being a full financial member, I thought i could write my add in any way i wish, not to insight squabling post about my add.

This is a forum that has a Classified section for members wishing to try to sell their cars or parts, not to complain about the way the adds are written. contact the web administrator of you are not happy, but please don't leave negative posts on my classified add. I have had several people contact me and ask about the car, they did not complain about how my add was written.

As in the add states, if you would like some pictures or any further information, contact me and i would be more than happy to send photos, information and discuss a price. It is much easier for me  to send a facts sheet or details about the car via email or a simple phone call.

I would assume that any one looking for a genuine tri power would have some idea as to what they might be worth. These are rare cars. I don't list prices as i have found that i have been insulted and my adds become virtual useless due to tyre kickers complain about any thing and everything about my cars on other forums.

Yes there are a lot of cars for sale, but there is hardly any REAL matching numbers cars for sale, and even less matching big blocks.
As stated, if you are genuinely interested in more information or would like to take a look, then just contact me. I am more than happy to pick you up from the airport if you are from out of town, and if the car is not what I claim it to be, and you are disappointed, then I would be more than happy to pay for your flights or fuel costs in viewing my collection.

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »
please don't leave negative posts on my classified ad

Sorry, wasn't meant to be negative.

I guess the other forums have those rules as it's usual to get a hundred replies asking for pics and the price which takes away from the flow of the thread, as is evident already.

We all like to check out a good looking 'vette and for our own curiosity it’s interesting to see the asking prices and to know what they’re fetching, it helps us as benchmark the next one we see for sale.

From what I've seen here, nobody has yet bagged out the cars for sale or complained about the prices asked, I think we have a sensible community here, respect is shown for sellers/owners and I'd like to think we're above nit-picking asking prices.

GLWS

s

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 06:12:35 PM »
I didnt mean to sound so harsh. You can check out the pics on ebay , I have listed the car on there with a reserve. I dont actually know what the value would be, so i set the reserve in the 60,s to just see who would pay what.

I dont need to sell this car, but if i do, Im replacing it with another 69 tri power that my freind has in the USA. My bottom price is a little lower. I just spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with a guy from queensland and he was insisting that my car is only worth 45k. Thats why he has been looking for 2 years and still does not have one in his garage

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
I set the reserve in the 60,s to just see who would pay what.

Not an unreasonable price.

I dont need to sell this car

It's probably the best way to go about it, wait for the right buyer.

I just spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with a guy from queensland and he was insisting that my car is only worth 45k. Thats why he has been looking for 2 years and still does not have one in his garage

Yep, either he has to open his wallet wider or settle for something else.

s

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
Just checked it out, didn't you just import it?

Stunning!

s

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »
I bought it in April. Its my personal car. I found another tri power that i want (would like to have!) , but not desperate for. If i don't get what i think the car is worth, i will keep it. I don't think I'm asking an exorbitant price. If anyone wants to buy a tri power, they should at least come take a look. It would be worth there time.

The other 2 for sale are in better condition than mine! they are really nice. I will post some pics and and eBay adds when they get here. I should have the small block by the end of the week, and the other big block in about 6 weeks. Both cars are extremely nice, might keep one for myself as well, if im allowed by the war department.

Offline Macker2560

• I'm new here
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Hi

Been looking for a Vet, your's may be it, but a bit hard when there is no pics or price

Jim

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 05:44:59 AM »
Hi,
There is a link to my email, if you want to email me for more details. Im not real good with the photo bucket thing.

You can also check it out here;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271135302664?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Dan