Author Topic: The Government has reinstated the duty on imported parts by individuals  (Read 6967 times)

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Hi all.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  Just found this posted on the MOCA site.......

"Removal of Tariff Concession for Vehicles Older Than 30 Years.

From May 2012 this concession was revoked and the relevant parts will now attract a minimum 5% duty plus GST

Exception: if the vehicle parts are made in the US from US materials they should be covered by the US-AUS Free Trade Agreement. If bringing in parts from the US it is recommended that the supplier identify US manufactured goods on the invoice and supply a Free Trade Agreement Declaration......

Found this on their website.
Relevant information starts on page 12...

It documents a very comprehensive list of parts that are affected"

Click this link http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/GAZETTETC12-20Dated16May2012.pdf

bummer :cry:
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: The Government has reinstated the duty on imported parts by individuals
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
We can not have the government missing out can we
if all the MP`s took a cut on remuneration I can not call it pay or wages
As all they do is Lie and act like 12 year olds in the play ground

And god forbid if they did not get all those perks
 And the oppression ( what  oppression ) are  no better when it comes to showing some maturity
Bfit   
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline 69CVET

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Big Block
  • Car: 1972 Big Block 4 Speed
Talking with logistics guys today I guess this is at least once benefit of importing a 72 vette it won't attract 5% duty but of course they get there GST from me.  Ouch again !! :tears:

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
Talking with logistics guys today I guess this is at least once benefit of importing a 72 vette it won't attract 5% duty but of course they get there GST from me.  Ouch again !! :tears:
You will also be paying GST on any freight and insurance costs incurred as well as the car price.

Offline 69CVET

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Big Block
  • Car: 1972 Big Block 4 Speed
Yes reserved correct

Below is the break up costs from the East Coast , could save $$ also if I go tilt trailer / open tray 

Hi Chris
 >
 > You have come to the right place!
 >
 > If you want to move this as soon as possible I suggest shipping from West Coast.  Please see the cost as per below:
 >
 > Inland Haulage (Enclosed Transport):  USD$1200.00
 > Freight:  USD$1250.00
 > Destination Wharfage / Clearance:  A$1250.00+GST AQIS Fees:  A$140.00
 > AQIS Facility Fee:  A$90.00+GST
 >
 > Additional charges will be taxes payable to Australian Customs and any AQIS treatments (Should they be required).  We can assist with lodging the import approval which is your first consideration for a small extra fee if needed, if the vehicle has air conditioning we also can arrange to have it degas as per Australian regulations.  We also can arrange marine insurance for you if you were interested.  I am stationed in out LA depot and oversee all the packing of our containers to ensure a white glove service is done.
 >
 > The other option is to send out of the East Coast (New York) and you would probably save around USD$200 for the logistic move but the transit time is longer and we would need to wait a little time to consolidate a container for you.  I have attached our VEA form which we will need completed and returned with any other documents you have associated with the vehicle.