Author Topic: March 28th - April 1st 2013. The 25th Corvette Convention Qld # CE014 Now with pics  (Read 24240 times)

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
  • Committee Member & Southern Rep
  • Mood: Unsure
Mary and I are keen to go. So it the Vette. She might even make it there with the trailer.
Reliable is boring. My car is exciting.

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
  • Committee Member & Southern Rep
  • Mood: Unsure
Only 7 more sleeps!!!
Reliable is boring. My car is exciting.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Less than a week to go to the start of the
The great McDonalds run to Toowoomba
Seems appropriate when driving an American icon.

Let the good times roll
BFit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
I know time is short
But it there an opening here for some sponsorship
To raise some funds for the club
Or would the stand on the toes of the club running the event we are going to .
BFit 
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
No activity here
Everyone must be hard at it polishing their transport.
Or like me still putting it together .
Replaced radiator today, fitted duel spal fans replacing single unit.
Seems to be better ,
I will find out tomorrow.

BFit
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Hi Bobhow did the fans fit. Do they look nice n neat? Let us know if they do the job.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
Mate I have not picked them up yet I fitted the radiator out of my 69
Its a Griffin similar to a dewitt
I fitted the fans that came with the dewitt Raditaor  I imported ( unfortunately arrived damaged )
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
Quick question, is the show and shine on hard surface or grass?? If its on grass I want to take something for the tyres to sit on.
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
Getting close lad's wish I was going  :grr: :grr: :grr:

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Hi 69 DIRTY RAT. Emailed Jan Rosser from QLD Convention Committee, she said the show n shine will be on the Village Green on grass but they have a hard surface set aside if it rains hope this is some help to you.

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Just in.........

Hello Corvetters

By now some of you are deciding what to pack, most of you are planning a clean and polish session on your pride and joy this weekend and there may even be some of you thinking about going for a cruise because the sun is finally shining!

Some last minute tips to assist with all of the above:
- Dress code is smart casual for the weekend.
- We would ask everyone to wear their club shirt with pride on Friday night.  We want you to show off where you come from and start a conversation with someone new.  We plan to celebrate 25 years of National Conventions.
- We would love to show some pictures of previous Conventions – if anyone has some please email them to me.
- There was no interest in a mini van to provide extra seats on the Sunday cruise around Toowoomba so if you do not wish to attend the track day with your partner, you will need to make arrangements with a friend for a ride to this event
- Please note that your weekend entry fee does not include breakfasts on Saturday or Sunday or lunch at the Show and Shine day or the Track Event.  (but we do have various caterers available)
- The Burke and Wills restaurant will be open Saturday and Sunday morning extra early just for our guests.
- Full details about the event will be available at Registration on Friday but as a reminder we have the following arranged:

Friday
Registration – 11am – 5pm at Burke and Wills.  Hotel checkin from 2pm.
Car wash -   
1.    There will be a designated area at the Burke and Wills.
2.   there is a hand wash facility at the Wash Depot located at the corner of Warego Highway and Hursley Rd (entrance off Hursley Rd)  . They are happy for you to bring your own car wash products.  It is Corvette friendly and has 3 manual wash bays.

Friday night -   Meet and Greet. Bar opens at 5.30 pm and bbq buffet will be set up from 6pm.  Please note that due to Queensland liquor laws, the bar will be closing at 10.00pm. 

Saturday – Show and Shine from 9am to 2pm at the Village Green in the centre of Toowoomba (off Victoria St)
-   Trophy Gala Dinner

Sunday – either the track Event at Morgan Park or the Toowoomba Drive – the selection you chose will be confirmed at registration.
-   Sunday night dinner, trophies and special presentations.

Monday – Farewell breakfast at local café.

If you have any questions, please email me.
Have a safe trip to Toowoomba

Kind Regards

Jan Rosser
Club Secretary
Corvettes Down Under Car Club

10 March 2013

Hello everyone

Below this note is a copy of the first email I sent out.  I believe that not all of you were able to open the attachment – my apologies.

We now have over 100 entrants coming and the numbers are still climbing.  Obviously, we will soon be unable to guarantee a Nationals shirt so if you have any fellow club members who have been holding off, we need their entries this week.

If anyone is unsure about their accommodation booking or anything about the weekend, please send me an email.

Our special guest from the USA is Eric Millette – one of the Plant Managers from Bowling Green.  He is thrilled to be coming over and is bringing a small present for everyone and he also will have 3 short presentations on the Corvette Factory and the C7.  He says his favourite thing to do is to meet fellow enthusiasts and chat over coffee or a beer – he plans to meet as many of you as possible over the weekend.  His wife, Caroline is also coming over and we would like everyone to ensure they make the effort to say hello to this special couple at some stage over the weekend.

We have forwarded raffle tickets to all clubs.  The prize is $500 of Woolworth vouchers which I am sure the winner will gratefully use to help pay for some of the fuel!!  We already have had requests for more books and as the cost per ticket is so reasonable, nearly everything is selling quickly.  We have limited the numbers so let me know if you need more books asap.  The charities we are supporting over the weekend are the Royal Flying Doctors and the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation.  Both of these were heavily involved with victims of floods over the past 3 years and we are happy to help them in return.
(You can either send back the butts with a cheque, or bring them to the Nationals. )
Cheers
Jan

Hello fellow Corvette enthusiasts.

We are counting down the days to the start of the 25th Corvette Nationals in Toowoomba and we are all looking forward to meeting you, getting to know you better and sharing our love of our special vehicles.
Plans are well in hand and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of the committee.  We would be happy to help.
We recommend that you bring the following items with you:
-          Car cover.  There is no undercover parking available at the Hotel but we do have security (complete with dogs) patrolling each night.
-          Helmets, long sleeved shirts, long trousers and closed in shoes are required at the track day. 
-          E-toll for the roads ahead of you.
-          Your collapsible chairs (if you can fit them in)
-          Your club shirts.  On Friday night we are celebrating 25 years of conventions in Australia and would like you to wear your shirt with pride and let everyone know where you come from.
Please note that as with most things, we have had to make some changes to the original programme released 12 months ago.  The Sunday cruise does not go to a winery – it is a leisurely drive including several points of interest in the local area and incorporates morning tea and lunch.
I will be sending a couple more emails over the next few weeks to update our plans.

Kind Regards

Jan Rosser
Club Secretary
Corvettes Down Under Car Club
Drive your Dream in Twenty 13
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
Only two more sleeps guys! :drivedevil:
Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
Hi 69 DIRTY RAT. Emailed Jan Rosser from QLD Convention Committee, she said the show n shine will be on the Village Green on grass but they have a hard surface set aside if it rains hope this is some help to you.

Thanks for that!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
 Nearly time to go
What to pack
Wallet, debit  & credit cards
Sockets and undies
Bottle of wild turkey or two
Map of fuel stations on root to convention
Wife to keep us on the straight and narrow
Wife,girlfriend,lover to take care of the everything else?
Being all three if they will fit in the vette
 :grin:
BFit
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Looking foward to a great time with everyone.Ive got JACK with me Bob, and a couple of mexicans and Joy to navigate and be my SPEED ALERT!!!

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
With a couple of vette on trailers in the CONVOY. 
I thought that keeping up to the speed limit would be difficult
But those trailed vehicles will go down hill at a fare pace
One would think.
Mexicans and Canberraites  tend to travel in the fast lane

They can get find the boys  in blue and we can watch and wonder.

Let everyone enjoy the trip and all come home safely
BFit n Missfit
Winston Churchill

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
 :omg: Crocodile tears Jethro big ones :grin:
BFit 
Winston Churchill

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
 :kickass: bobby  :kickass:

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
 Jethro :lol:
BFit
Winston Churchill