Author Topic: March 28th - April 1st 2013. The 25th Corvette Convention Qld # CE014 Now with pics  (Read 24241 times)

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Click Image for the programe (4.5meg download)

Click HERE just for the entry form

Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Just in....

Hello everyone

We are now counting down the months and will be sending monthly updates for you.  If you have questions about the event, please send them through to me.

Please pass the following report on to your Club Members at your next meeting and on your runs together:

-   There are over 50 of the rooms at the Burke and Wills Toowoomba booked out.  Although we have other accommodation arranged, it will be more expensive and not in the centre of the action.  Our advice is to book your rooms asap. 
-   So far, we do not have as many entries for the actual event itself.  All entries received and paid for by the 31st December 2012, will be entered into the draw to receive their accommodation at the Burke and Wills free of charge for the three nights.
-   We have special guest coming from the Bowling Green Plant.  He is a Manager there and will be bringing over up to date information from the home of the Corvette.  He will be with us for the entire weekend and is looking forward to meeting as many people as possible as well as taking part in all our events.
-    There is no undercover parking for your pride and joy – we are sorry about that but that’s just not possible in Toowoomba.  Please ensure you bring your car covers with you.  We have security booked to look after the car parks each night.
-   Please note that on Sunday you need to choose from either the Track Day or the Sunday cruise – it is not possible to do both.  We are not planning to have extra transport to either event at this stage.

Kind Regards

Jan Ross
Club Secretary
Corvettes Down Under Car Club

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
I have stayed at the Burke and Wills  The carpark is open, right next to the building.  It's a fairly old building too and the rooms are rather small.  Toowoomba Central Plaza is right next door is newer and has an underground carpark, but like any underground carpark, it's tight. Obviously more expensive.

If you go, make sure you check out Phat Burger.  It's about 100m down the road from both places and make awesome burgers.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
Looking forward to this one the Tax man is paying

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Time to give this one a bump up again and stick it to the top of the list

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
 :hi: Hi all,

As the 2013 Corvette Nationals are fast approaching, we are organising a convoy from Sydney to Toowoomba via the New England Highway. We will be meeting at Maccas on the Pacific Highway at Thornleigh in Sydney's north at 08.00am for a 08.30 departure on Wednesday 27th March. Travelling up the Hunter Valley, we hope to be in Tamworth by mid-afternoon, and will be staying overnight at The Golden Guitar Motor Inn. On Thursday morning we will continue our road trip on to Toowoomba, arriving in time to clean up the 'Vettes and settle in for the Easter long-weekend.

Ray Smith has organised "queen executive suites" at the Golden Guitar at a great rate of $130 per room for the night for us Corvetters, with around seven couples so far from NSW, and four from Canberra likely to be joining the convoy.

Anyone interested in joining us is asked to contact Donna without delay at the Golden Guitar, on 0267 622999 and book your room to avoid disappointment leading into the Easter break. Also see www.goldenguitarmotorinn.com.au for more info.

Corvettes of Melbourne have been advised of this trip and are encouraged to join us also.

We look forward to your company and the usual great cameraderie on the trip as we head to Queensland.  :pepper:  :drivedevil:

For further assistance if required, contact Ray Smith on 0412 469275.

Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline sabre

• Tri Powered
  • C4 Rocks but Excalibur Cruises
  • Mood: How good is retirement!
Thanks Ray for organising the night of the 27th March at the Golden Guitar....we have now booked....Cheers

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
welcome aboard sabre. Joy and I are looking foward to the trip as mutch as the Convention its all part of the FUN!!!! How bout all you slow pokes make your bookings . Dont miss out.

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
I'm booked and paid before the 31st dec, so I better win it all back!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline Debbie

• Two Barrel
Were in, can't wait.

PS  Good work Camo x  x

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Lose ya password again, and...... well......... :bomb:  :taunt:  :laugh:

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Just in......

"Hello everyone

1.   The countdown has seriously started and we want to let everyone know that we will be placing orders for shirts, port, show bags etc by the 1st February.  Easter is very early this year and as a result we have an extra early cut-off date.  Please remind all your Club members that as from the 1st February the price for the Convention increases and there is no guarantee that shirts and show bags will be available for last minute entries.

2.   The Hotel is taking the last few bookings and then we will refer people to other Hotels.  Please tell members that they will need to email me for these details if they have not secured their accommodation yet.

3.   We received a rush of entries late in December 2012 and are processing these now.  We will announce the winner of the early bird accommodation draw in our next email.

4.   If any entrants wish to order a special ladies shirt, I need them to email me before 25th January for details.  These shirts will not be available for purchases after this date.  I can email a picture for any interested ladies.

Kind Regards

Jan Ross
Club Secretary
Corvettes Down Under Car Club"

Offline Debbie

• Two Barrel
Lose ya password again, and...... well......... :bomb:  :taunt:  :laugh:

I'll stay logged on, BUT..... :drivedevil:

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
If anyone is seeking a room at the convention venue, the Burke and Wills Hotel in Toowoomba, a couple of rooms have become available, due to the late cancellation of some overseas visitors.
Please contact Murray Foreman without delay on 0402 917400.
If not taken up by monday 11th Feb, the rooms will be surrendered back to the hotel.
Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Just in....

Hello everyone

This will be the last generic email as from now on we will be only emailing those who have registered for the 25th National Convention.  As there are only six weeks to go, we are fine tuning the event and confirming last minute details.

We have confirmed the attendance of Eric Millette from the Bowling Green Plant in Kentucky USA.  He will be doing presentations each night about the factory, the C7 and the new amendments at the Plant.  He will be very accessible over the weekend and has said he is looking forward to meeting as many people as possible.  Talking Corvettes is his favourite pastime!!

We have confirmed the Show and Shine will be held in the centre of Toowoomba in the Village Green – across the road from the Burke and Wills Hotel so there is no chance of getting lost and the ladies can enjoy as much shopping as their husbands will allow!!  We will be featuring C1 through C6’s on display.  Performax are working on the C6 2013 427 anniversary convertible right now and this will take pride of place in the display.

If you know anyone who wants to advertise their Corvette for sale, the next Just Cars magazine will be featuring Corvette articles.

Final entries are now being accepted at the higher entry fee.  Please check this when putting your entry through.

Accommodation can be booked direct with the Burke and Wills Hotel on (07) 4632 2433.

Paul Stokell (Stokell Motorsport) has confirmed 3 events on the track at Morgan Park and there should be time for a fun cruise as well.

Any enquiries can be directed to Jan Rosser at
janandgarth@bigpond.com

Kind Regards

Jan Ross
Club Secretary
Corvettes Down Under Car Club

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Six week and counting
I cant be the only one, whose car that is going to the convention  is still on the hoist.
rear suspension parts are on the way form the US
New hood is sitting in depot in the US
There is going to be a lot of late nights
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Just in...

QLD. CONVENTION ROAD TRIP – EASTER 2013

IMPORTANT: PLEASE SET ODOMETER WHEN LEAVING YOUR HOME RECORD MILEAGE  WHEN ARRIVING AT TOOWOOMBA. (FOR PRIZES)

WEDNESDAY 27TH MARCH  – MEET AT THORNLEIGH MCDONALDS 8.00AM FOR 8.30AM DEPARTURE.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE 2-WAY RADIOS PLEASE SET TO CHANNEL 10.

“LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL”

WEDNESDAY 27TH MARCH
1.   Toilet/Fuel Stop       BP/Hungry Jacks, Pacific H’way (Kinta Dr) Beresfield
(2hrs to Scone – 133kms)

2.   LUNCH         McDonalds/adjoining BP Service Centre
18-30 Kelly St (New England H’way) north Scone
(1 ½ hrs to Tamworth – 130kms)

3.   GOLDEN GUITAR MOTOR INN  -  2-8 RINGERS ROAD, TAMWORTH
Ph:  67622999   (bet KFC & McDonalds left side of highway)

THURSDAY 28TH MARCH   (1 ¾ hrs to Guyra – 145kms)

1.   Toilet/Fuel Stop   Caltex  -  New England H’way, Guyra
   (1 ¾ hrs to Tenterfield – 152kms)

2.   LUNCH   BP Seven Knights Service Station
   91 Rouse St, Tenterfield (New England H’way)
   (2 ½hrs to Toowoomba – 200kms)

3.   Toilet/Fuel Stop   BP – 823 Ruthven Street, Kearney Springs
                   (South Toowoomba)

Q’LD CONVENTION DETAILS  -  TOOWOOMBA
BURKE & WILLS HOTEL
554 RUTHVEN STREET, TOOWOOMBA  Ph:  07 46322433

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Ha Bfit hows the progress going on your Convention TRANSPORT!!!!!!!!

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Ha Bfit hows the progress going on your Convention TRANSPORT!!!!!!!!

There is still a lot to do
Today it came of the hoist.
Rebuilt engine, new transmission ,new diff ,new brakes all round
I have a brogsen steering box and Hydraboost but I can not see them in the car before the convention .

The DeWitt radiator turned up last Monday unfortunately damaged
I am not keen on running to Queensland on the original radiator
I may ave to pull the radiator out of my 69 for the trip.

With time running out
The car goes in tomorrow for a custom exhaust
And Tuesday to the auto electricians to tidy up some wiring
I will if all goes to plan take her on he run next Sunday
Driving her today all thing are working and no issues

I have it a little peddle down to see what it goes like an found the rev limiter works
5600 RPM times to change gears

I think she has enought grunt for now
And the 6 speed is quit nice .
My new hood won't get here in time
For the present time she has a hood I got for my 69 and a nice shade of blue
She is for now a two tone vette
Bfit

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill