Technical Tips > Importing - Cars & Parts. Also RMS (RTA) Regs

Importing C3

<< < (2/7) > >>

bfit:
72C3
Have  you been informed of at what point you take responsibility or the shipping .
The the broker should be able to and should

Inform you of the fees and charges that apply at our end
Besides GST.

now if the car was manufactured in 1971 November
I personally would in all references   name the year of manufacture as 1971.

ADRs  start in earnest in 1972.
Before 72 all you need is a blue slip
After doing the indicators
Head lights
seat belts.
And may be tyres
Bfit

c5vette:

--- Quote from: 72C3 link=topic=9317.msg1045943305#msg1045943305 ---Hi everyone, I have just joined the club and I am importing a 72 T Top from the states.  It is about to be loaded on the ship in New York. It will be offloaded in Port Botany.  I am after info from members who have recently gone through this process.  I am aware that certain things have to be done prior to registration (thanks to geoff eaton for your insight) but I first need to get the car from Port to my home in the Windsor area.  Any recommendations or advice regarding transportation?????? Heaps mor equestions to follow.
--- End quote ---

Dont forget the import approval, your guy won't be able to help you with that

bfit:
You should have import approval before  the vehicle leaves the US
If you don't have import approval
PM me  
An email addy and I will  send you the link to down load the paper work .
Bfit

72C3:
Thanks for the number of the guy in the club regarding the tow truck.  I will give him a ring.  As for the importapproval, I didn't sjip the car until I got the approval, so I think we are good in that respect.  The tip regarding the manufacture date was also appreciated.  72 model but manufactured in November 71.
Does anyone do Blinkers that work as per the registration requirement but look like the originals.  

bfit:
That's not hard if you have basic electrical skills.
You can attack it you self.
Or
Talk to Geoff  ( sirfixalot ) on forum.
Bfit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version