Author Topic: shout a yank a beer  (Read 2255 times)

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
shout a yank a beer
« on: July 21, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
Last week the guy building my motor (in Alabama) found a major mistake made buy another company that is supplying my new 5 speed that he is nice enough to send over with the motor at no extra cost.

I was so grateful I sent him an email stating "I owe you a beer mate".

he replyed stating "thanks but dont send Fosters"

I really want to send this guy a carton of Aussie beer but when I checked the price I near fell over.

$250.00 was the best price (and Ive tried them all aus post, ups etc etc)

Does anyone know of a way I can get some Aussie beer delivered without it being a massive waste of money.
????

Thanks

Mick... :hammer:

Offline Reklaw

• Four Barrel
shout a yank a beer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Hi Mick, maybe another way is to find a shop in the 'States that has Oz beer and send it from there. I'll ask a contact that I have over there if he is aware of any outlets for Oz beer.
Bob
Bob Walker
Long Jetty

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
shout a yank a beer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »
Quote from: mick link=topic=8652.msg1045940557#msg1045940557
Last week the guy building my motor (in Alabama) found a major mistake made buy another company that is supplying my new 5 speed that he is nice enough to send over with the motor at no extra cost.

I was so grateful I sent him an email stating "I owe you a beer mate".

he replyed stating "thanks but dont send Fosters"

I really want to send this guy a carton of Aussie beer but when I checked the price I near fell over.

$250.00 was the best price (and Ive tried them all aus post, ups etc etc)

Does anyone know of a way I can get some Aussie beer delivered without it being a massive waste of money.
????

Thanks

Mick... :hammer:

Short of taking it with you in a suitcase, there is no other way I know of to get beer into the USA without paying horrendous shipping costs (ask me how I know this ).  The problem is that liquid just weighs that much shipping costs a bomb.

Also be careful because it is illegal to ship alcohol into many states in the USA (how well they actually police that I can't say however).
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
shout a yank a beer
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »
Quote from: Vette Obsessed link=topic=8652.msg1045940563#msg1045940563

ask me how I know this........

Don't have to.  I remember that :laugh:
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Reklaw

• Four Barrel
shout a yank a beer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »
Mick, don't know what State your friend is in, and it looks like there's rules about sending grog from one State to another, but maybe you could try these guys in New York. http://www.theaustraliannyc.com/
Bob
Bob Walker
Long Jetty

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
shout a yank a beer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »
Thanks for everyones replies. Im thinking i'll just send a six pack and a cash tip (our money is worth more after all).

Hey Reklaw thanks for the info on the aussie place in NYC, but my guy is in Alabama.

Cheers

Mick

Offline bradmart

• Two Barrel
shout a yank a beer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 10:30:45 AM »
Coopers (sparkling... for whatever reason) is available from boutique shops in the US all over the place. VB is also around in limited numbers. Alabama is probably not the market for boutique beer shops, but still, search for one in Atlanta and you should yield results