Author Topic: Convention 2012 NSW  (Read 22989 times)

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Convention 2012 NSW
« on: May 04, 2011, 10:37:49 PM »
24th National Corvette Convention At Wollongong
Come Along And Join In The Activities

Click on any one of the four flyer images to down load copies and all entry and accommodation forms.

Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Re: Convention 2012 NSW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »
Just a reminder for everybody to get entries in early before 30th Dec 2011 to qualify for the earlybird draw for free entry to convention for two valued at $520.00. Also all entries go into a draw for their accomodation value $850.00.

Click anywhere on the above posted fliers for all accomodation and entry forms for people to download.

Offline yellow fever 454

• Two Barrel
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »

VETTES ROCK THE GONG IN 2012
                                                                           24th National Corvette Convention

UPDATE NOVEMBER 2011

Dear Member,
As 2011 draws to a close, it is only 5 months till the 24th National Convention, to be held at Easter 6th-9th April 2012 in  Wollongong NSW.
The convention committee for the past 2 years has been working tirelessly in preparing and showcasing, what we think will be a National Corvette Convention that the NSW Corvette Unlimited Car Club Inc. can and will be proud of.
At present we have only received 29 entrants which include partners.
We encourage all NSW members to help and support this major event by getting your entries in A S.A.P.
This will enable us to pay deposits and help with costs incurred so far.
Entries can be sent three ways by
   Direct deposit BSB 112-879 account no. 491617101 please give name as reference with event.
If making direct deposit please
   mail or e-mail entry form to,
Secretary,
24th National Convention 2012
P.O.box 551
Picton 2571
   E-mail jennymcmillan@hotmail.com
Cheques or money orders made payable to NSW Corvette Convention a/c 2012.
As this report goes to print, the convention committee has secured and booked the following
   The Novotel @ Nth Wollongong with $10,000 deposit
   .Free undercover parking to each full paying entrant.
   Car washing bays @ the Novotel as well as local car wash approx. 1 kilometre from hotel.
   2 security guards hired from 7pm to 7am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
            All venues @ the Novotel which include
   Friday registration in the Admirals Room  11am -5pm  
   Friday night Cocktail Party-Cash Bar  7-10pm
   Saturday Night “Rock”n”Roll” theme night.6.30-12 midnight  “ Cash Bar”
   Sunday Presentation and Auction Night 6.30-12midnight   “Cash Bar”
Rock-n-roll band has been booked for Saturday night.
 Master of Ceremonies will be Club Member Jeff Wilson
 DJ’S for Friday and Sunday nights have also been booked. With deposit.

   Saturday show and shine @ Flagstaff Hill-
DA Approval from Wollongong council has been approved. It took 8 months to get this through.
This promises to be an outstanding venue with 180* of spectacular ocean views and all within walking distance of the Novotel as well as local Restaurants, cafes and bars which will suit all tastes for lunch on the Saturday.
There will be 2 coffee vans on site as well as trade displays. Wave FM the local radio station will have live broadcasts from the show with give aways etc.
Vette Magazine Photographer- Tony Rabbitte will cover the show for Vette Magazine.
Photographer has been secured who will cover the show and shine and will do the audio visuals for both Saturday and Sunday night presentations.

Wet Weather Option- we are currently working with Wollongong council in securing another DA for the undercover car park at the council’s chambers, only a short distance away.
   Saturday Night “Rock-n Roll”  dinner Dance-6.30-12midnight-“ Cash Bar”
Get your 50”s and 60”s gear out of mothballs and join in the fun.
   Trophy Presentation will also be held 59 trophies on offer.
   Sunday Super Cruise- All entrants will be grouped 20 -25 per group, to make it easier when leaving and arriving venues.
Your number or group number and leader will be issued to you at registration.  A scenic drive to the southern highlands and onto E-Ling Forest Winery for Morning Tea with open Cellar Door sales as well as tours of Historic Gardens.- we  will be there for 1 hour. Depart at 11.30 to Panorama House for buffet lunch with panoramic cliff top views of the southern coastline.1pm-5pm
We are currently liaising with NSW Highway patrol to help with traffic flow at the Picton Road Exit from the Hume Highway onto Picton Road.

   Optional cruise back to hotel via sea cliff bridge.-Those attending will leave earlier, while the rest can make their own way back to hotel.

   Sunday Dinner Presentation and Auction Night-Grand Ballroom- cash bar

   Monday Morning farewell beachside BBQ- across road from hotel, breakfast will be supplied by lions club. A chance to farewell old and new friends.
This is a brief overview of what the convention committee has been organising over the past 2 years.
At this stage we are calling for volunteers to help with the Show and Shine as well as the Sunday Super Cruise.
Could you please contact my self Bob Lynn on 0412465710
If anyone would like to be a sponsor be it for trophies for the show and shine please contact Harry Turner 0409409599 or Murray Forman 0402917400

Our chosen Charity for the Auction proceeds is Learning Links and all monies raised will go to this charity, - (a one off leather jacket- a convention tradition will be auctioned on the Sunday night.)

For the Ladies: - The “Gong” free shuttle operates throughout the Wollongong CBD every 20 minutes both ways... This can be picked up at the Novotel taking you to all restaurants and shopping destinations throughout the CBD.
Day Spa at the Novotel- Open 7 days, Sundays by appointment only. Book early for treatments. Ph. (02) 42252522   www.dayspa1.com.au
Last but not Least-
 Early Bird Entry in before 31st December 2011 you will go into the draw for free entry to the Convention which includes your partner.
                                                  Value $520.00
                        This will be drawn at the !st club meeting February 2012
All Entrants Draw-will be drawn at the Friday night cocktail Party 2012.
This includes 3 nights’ accommodation and breakfast for 2
                                                  Value $850.00

Look forward to seeing you all at Easter 2012
Bob Lynn
Convention Chairman
lynn604@bigpond.com

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »
PRESIDENT’S REPORT FEBRUARY 2012
THOUGHTS FROM THE OVAL OFFICE

Hi fellow Corvetters

Over the past fifty nine years, Corvette enthusiasts around the world have come together to celebrate their favourite motor car. Corvette clubs have been established in many countries, and various functions including conventions are held every year from Colorado to Canberra, and from Pennsylvania to Perth to celebrate the machine we have all dreamt of owning.

For the twenty fourth time in Australia, Corvette lovers from all around the nation will be joined by visitors from abroad including Canada and New Zealand, as our Club, NSW Corvettes, again takes its turn to host the annual Corvettes National Convention.

For the past two years, members of our Club have donated their time and energy to the planning of our convention, which will showcase our club, our members, and our Corvettes, at Vettes Rock The ‘Gong, just down the coast at Wollongong over Easter 2012. These members and their partners have pooled their efforts and skills to bring together the program that will entertain up to two hundred ‘Vetters from far and wide. Sponsors from within our club as well as externally have come forward to help fund this public expose’ of our passion. Friendships will be renewed and new ones made over the Easter long weekend.

The biggest annual Corvette show ‘n shine in the country will take place in the shadow of the North Wollongong lighthouse, and with the blue Pacific Ocean as a backdrop, will be witnessed by potentially thousands of beachgoers, tourists and Corvette lovers.

Over the weekend, convention participants will show off their ‘Vettes, some taking home silverware as Australian champions. They will also showcase their pride and joy on cruises through parts of the south coast and southern highlands, with stopovers at a boutique winery and treated to a luncheon with magnificent views over the Illawarra.

Wining and dining each night will be complemented with a welcome party, auctions, special guests, presentation nights, a memorable rock ‘n roll party complete with a live band on the Saturday night, and the opportunity to learn more about Chevrolet’s finest as you make new friends over these three days and nights.

The finishing touches in the planning of this weekend showcase are now being pulled together. An event like this requires an enormous amount of effort and coordination, and I have to admit that I am impressed with the results of our committee members’ efforts over the past two years.

Now this is where we need you!

Every year a band of regular attendees from all around the country travels interstate to the National Convention. Members of our Club have travelled the continent year after year to be a part of the Easter Corvette celebrations.

We can bank on this band of regulars to travel to Wollongong in 52 days time. But the difference between success and otherwise rests with the level of entries and support we get from you, our own Club members.

Whether you decide to travel the short distance to The ‘Gong each day, or join your mates and stay at the Novotel for the weekend, I urge you to show your Club the support it needs once every six years, and register as soon as possible to be a part of this great event.

The Novotel had set aside sufficient rooms to cater for the expected numbers that a National Convention would normally attract, but these rooms can only be held for us until Monday 23rd Februay, at which time they will be released to the public. So don’t be disappointed. Book your room now and join me in a great weekend of showcasing your ‘Vette and having a blast!

STOP PRESS

The Novotel has a mezzanine area within the complex which can accommodate around ten of our club members’ cars in a special display.
These limited spots will be available to park your ‘Vette on the Saturday and Sunday nights, to be admired by the Convention delegates, at a cost to you of one hundred dollars only. The first ten members to register their commitment to Murray Foreman will enjoy the best car parking in Wollongong for the two nights. The moneys raised from this arrangement will go back to your Club, helping to cover the costs of this event.

So ladies and gents, please join me in helping to not only ensure this event is a success in every way, including financially, but also to help your club be remembered as the one which had the overwhelming support of its members to put on a great Corvette Convention in 2012. If you only participate in a few club events this year, let this be one of them!

I hope to see you there

Gary Nelson

CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »
[size=-1]and some more info folks[/size]

With the convention fast approaching we have decided to open the events up to cater to those of you who may only be able to attend on a certain day and not the for whole weekend. Please read the attached Link  http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au/constitutions/VETTES-ROCK-THE-GONG-IN-2012.pdf
and if you would like to participate, please complete and get it back to the convention committee before Friday 23rd March.
Direct deposit details are on the form or you can post in a cheque.

The club has also secured a guest speaker for Sunday night, Ian Luff who is a highly acclaimed motoring expert as well as race driver ,TV commentator and journalist. Luff has worked with 7 Australian world champions, has been a winner of the Bathurst 24 hour race twice and is a keynote speaker. Luff also runs advanced  safety driver training .

So grab your pen, fill out your form ,and then come and enjoy a great weekend with some fellow corvette enthusiasts from around Australia, New Zealand and the States.

Look forward to seeing you there

Your club committee.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »

Less than a week to go! :cool:

Here’s some information to make your check in as smooth as possible folks.

Access to the Main Entrance & Car park to the Novotel is from Bourke Street.
To save congestion at the main foyer with cars queuing out the front waiting to check in, we ask that you park your cars down in the underground car park first then head to the Main foyer to check in.

There you will be issued with a pass to allow you access to the car park for the rest of the weekend.

Car wash - 2 options

Option 1

Let the gutter party begin!
We have set aside the loading dock area at the Novotel for you to wash your Vettes. Hoses and buckets will be supplied.

Option 2

A Car Lovers car wash can be found at 51 Flinders street
which is a few blocks away.

I know what one I'll be choosing and it's not the 2nd option :hump:

Offline ozpont

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »
      The Convention should be a great one for you guys...great venue.. I hope it goes better then expected.
   If anybody is troubled by breakdown & needs parts help out of hours etc.. your in our home town... use this after hours # 0412 858 677 & I'll try to help.. pretty much covering 60's- 2005.  This is not a commercial..just an offer to help if you need it.
   Good luck all ... watch out for mobile and fixed speed Camera's .
Dave

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 09:29:10 AM »
it would be a good idea to point out the main fixed cameras in the goog
 the one at north Wollongong just south of the rail overpass makes a lot of money
bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 10:22:27 AM »
:ado:Thanks for your offer Dave, but let's hope no-one needs it!!

The Convention is shaping up to be a great success with entry numbers meeting our expectations. We have over 100 entries for Saturday's show 'n shine at the lighthouse, which should be a great sight for Corvette lovers.:drag:
Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
:hammer::hammer:

For those of you who have entered your 'Vette for judging in Saturday's show 'n shine, Click HERE to an explanation document, covering the classifications of entries; ie what determines whether your car is "Standard", "Personal", or "Modified".

This system has been in use for some years here at NSW Corvettes, but it's been a while since we published it for your info.
As is a tradition at National Corvette Convention shows, two judges will be appointed from each attending Corvette Club from around the nation. Good luck to all entrants.
:beer:

Link and form edited 04/04/12

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
Quote from: Bfit link=topic=8348.msg1045942356#msg1045942356
it would be a good idea to point out the main fixed cameras in the goog
 the one at north Wollongong just south of the rail overpass makes a lot of money
bfit

Yep, pesky new and improved ones:lmao:

Now on a serious note you'll find them here

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

Part of the 24th National Corvette Convention At Wollongong

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
is there a non judged parking section like Melbourne had last year?
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 07:19:44 AM »
YES Andy.

Give me a ring ASAP!:call:

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »
The Vettes are already arriving in the Gong
I have seen a few  traveling  down  today
Let the fun begin
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »
Quote from: Bfit link=topic=8348.msg1045942400#msg1045942400
The Vettes are already arriving in the Goon

The Goon? Never heard the Gong called that before :)
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
typical
Fingers not in phase with brain
Bfit
Edit Gong
Winston Churchill

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
To the organisers and the attendees thank you for a great show.

Sorry I couldn't haang around.

The Z06 drove brilliantly.  

See you all soon

Richard

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 08:23:18 PM »
Yes :Richard
We agree a g8 weekend
What more is there to say
Except thank you to those who did all the work to make it all happen
Bfit n Missfit
Winston Churchill