Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (18/162) > >>

wabco40:
I have started fitting new tail lights and the badges.

I have fitted new C O R V E T T E lettering on the back panel however I am not impressed with the quality of the casting. They still have the casting burrs on the edges. Its a bit hard to see it in the picture.
I have filed and cleaned up the rough edges on my original lettering and plan to take them up to Bangkok next month and have the chrome shop that did my front grills re-chrome them.

I have also fitted the chrome inserts into the bonnet. I done quite a bit of work around this area prior to painting so that the inserts fitted flush with the top of the bonnet and the gapping was even.

Jethro:
Love that hood Wabco:ado::ado: is it a long or short?

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro link=topic=7864.msg1045940507#msg1045940507 ---Love that hood Wabco:ado::ado: is it a long or short?
--- End quote ---

Its short Jethro. I wanted to keep the wiper door and SS trim.
I rebuilt the wiper door linkage previously and dry fitted everything to make sure it all fitted ok.
I need to bond the windscreen in place before I can fit the wiper door. But before that I will fit the doors as its much easier to reach the door hinge bolts without the windscreen in place.
I just need to find time to do it!!!

wabco40:
I Finally found time to fit the doors. I have had these on and off numerous time during the rebuild however its a different story after its painted.
I masked up the edges when fitting and managed to get them on and gapped without damaging the paint.

Jethro:
looking Smick as wabco40 :ado:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version