Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (12/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: mick link=topic=7864.msg1045938218#msg1045938218 ---Some nice neat work going on there wabco40

Mick

:drag:
--- End quote ---

Thanks Mick,

Its just taking me a long time.
I imported the car in May 2004 and started doing a frame on rebuild not long after that.
I soon realized that to do the job properly would mean stripping the car back to nothing and starting from there.
I guess thats what happens when you buy a 40 year old car, the deeper you look the more you see!!!
Brad.

wabco40:
I have relocated the park brake bracket to the top of the trailing arms. I have also fitted a 1/2" (per side) shorter rear spring. With this set up I've got about 1/4" clearance between the end of the spring and rim and about the same clearance between the tyre and the front area of the frame kick up.
I am using 5.25" back space rims and 275 tyres, with this it keeps the wheels inside the guards.
I could of maybe gone 285 tyres with 5.0" back space rims but the tyres would be sitting right on the fender lip.

I still need the lower the rear of the car but that will have to wait until the car is fully assembled (bumpers, interior etc).

demonx:
Are they stock or offset trailing arms?

wabco40:

--- Quote from: demonx link=topic=7864.msg1045938302#msg1045938302 ---Are they stock or offset trailing arms?
--- End quote ---

There stock trailing arms. Offsets are not required when using larger diameter rims. The stock arms only require relocating the park brake bracket away from the sides. However I think I would be pushing for room to fit a rear sway bar.
There are double offset trailing arms available that bring the link bolt mounts inboard slightly. That would be better when using a shortened spring and should also allow clearance for a sway bar. I am still considering this option!!!

Jethro:

--- Quote from: wabco40 link=topic=7864.msg1045938300#msg1045938300 ---I have relocated the park brake bracket to the top of the trailing arms. I have also fitted a 1/2" (per side) shorter rear spring. With this set up I've got about 1/4" clearance between the end of the spring and rim and about the same clearance between the tyre and the front area of the frame kick up.
ket.com/albums/ff391/wabco40/IMG_3805.jpg[/IMG]
--- End quote ---

Hey Wabco, no replacement for perfection and I reckon you've got that looks a treat, buddy:luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version