Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (66/162) > >>

bfit:
Mate did you put a drain inthe drop floor
Bfit

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Bfit on December 21, 2013, 09:58:43 PM ---Mate did you put a drain inthe drop floor
Bfit

--- End quote ---

Sure did Bob. 50mm PVC pipe from the center of the recess out to a soak well. The concrete is 8" at the hoist footings then there's a slight run off into the center.

Thanks for the link 69VETTE. I used epoxy in the shed at my other house and liked the results.
The hoist is just one of the cheap Chinese brands. I figured the amount of times it will be used it should be ok.
Brad

Lefty:
I'd go the epoxy or a good sealer to stop oil staining and provide reasonable slip resistance. Ceramic tiles get damaged when you drop tools on them.

Looks great

Cheers,

Lefty

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Lefty on December 21, 2013, 11:12:15 PM ---I'd go the epoxy or a good sealer to stop oil staining and provide reasonable slip resistance. Ceramic tiles get damaged when you drop tools on them.

Looks great

Cheers,

Lefty

--- End quote ---

Thanks Lefty,

I am looking at PVC type or Racedeck tiles. There a bit pricey though.

When I get back from work next week I'll go and check them out. If I do use tiles then I may still need to seal the concrete, in which case it would be better to stay with an epoxy floor.
Brad

Lefty:
Noted and good choice.
I'm sure all agree that's a fantastic looking corvette and an enviable man cave.

Nice work

Lefty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version