Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (59/162) > >>

wabco40:
Its been a long time between posts. I have relocated down to Perth and been busy trying to buy a suitable house.
I have ordered a new shed but it will still be a few months before the pad goes in and its all set up :grr:

My new 427 small block is here but will have to stay in the crate a bit longer.

My 5 speed gearbox and install kit is still waiting to clear through customs, should be able to pickup in the next few days.

Jethro:
 :omg: Shyte that is one mother fooker looking motor Wabby  :omg:

"555 hp with 529 lbft on 93. Its based on a BMP aluminium block with Dart Pro1 heads."
 :grin:

bfit:
mate nice looking engine
what its it weight
a small blower on top there pushing 7 to10 lb and fuel injection would  make for some interesting times
Bfit 

Jethro:
Hey Wabby, yell out if ya want a mates rates on your Reo for the shed Slab :thumb: I'll ring me counterpart in Onesteel Reinforcing at Perth and let him know your a mate :thumb: :thumb:

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Bfit on October 01, 2013, 04:06:22 PM ---mate nice looking engine
what its it weight
a small blower on top there pushing 7 to10 lb and fuel injection would  make for some interesting times
Bfit 

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jethro, Bob.

They say its about 100 lbs lighter then the cast iron block. My car went over the weight bridge at 1380 kg so should shed another 45 kg or so (a new gearbox may add some though!!!).

I was thinking of a blower, compression may be a bit too high so would have to reduce the boost (which properly defeats the purpose of it).
I am going to use my fabricated EFI manifold with 60lb injectors, I just need to find a good tuner here in Perth!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version