Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (58/162) > >>

wabco40:
So much for changing the gearbox out in July :grr:

Keisler finally shipped the kit and its currently loaded into a sea container bound for Fremantle.

I also have a new 427 small block in the same container. Its dyno report came out at 555 hp with 529 lbft on 93. Its based on a BMP aluminium block with Dart Pro1 heads. Being a nice light package should liven things up a bit.

I am currently using 3.36 rear gears, however I will be changing these out to 3.90. With a 2.66 first gear and a 32% overdrive it should work out good.

craigh:
Wow, that's going to be a great package Brad.

Scott:
Wow, very jealous.  I was scouring ads for an alloy small block that could be punched to 427 cubes a while ago.  That thing should be a hoot to drive.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: craigh on July 04, 2013, 07:31:06 AM ---Wow, that's going to be a great package Brad.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Craig, lucky I paid for it all months ago while the dollar was still up there.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Scott on July 04, 2013, 08:07:31 AM ---Wow, very jealous.  I was scouring ads for an alloy small block that could be punched to 427 cubes a while ago.  That thing should be a hoot to drive.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Scott. I was looking at Dart and Brodix blocks as well but settled on the World block. I am sure they all can be ordered in different bore sizes. This is using a 4.125" bore x 4.0" stroke.

I am also upgrading the clutch and fitting a hydraulic conversion kit. May also fit larger half shafts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version