Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (52/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro on December 30, 2012, 04:51:06 PM ---Yeah Brad my mate is assembling the heads as we speak it' been a real slow process but hopefully worth it  :thumb: Are you happy with your donk's performance ?

--- End quote ---

Sounds good Jethro. When its gets back on the road it will be worth the wait  :thumb:

I am pleased with my engines performance. The tuning is coming on good. The cold and warm start are sorted out, idle, acceleration and cruising are ok. Just needs a bit more work on WOT. Theres a bit of a miss so I am guessing the fuel tables need richening up abit in that area.
It's a big learning curve but it's coming together.
The Keisler gearbox is rated at 700hp/700lb-ft so there is plently of room for improvement (if the rear end can handle it). Maybe an all aluminium 427 small block.
Like I said before I am getting bored and need another project!!!

wabco40:
I took the car in to check the wheel alignment today.

I set the rear toe in to -3mm total, the laser alignment came out at -2.9mm however the thrust angle was +0.1 degree. I just need to swap some shims around to bring it back in slightly.

I set the front toe in to 0.0mm, the laser alignment said +0.9mm.

I am using offset upper control arms so tried to set the caster to +4.75 degrees. The print out from the alignment said I had +5.21 degrees on the left and +4.10 degrees on the right.

The camber where all within -0.2  and -1.0 degrees.

I just need to do some slight shimming on the upper control arms to even the caster and camber up and adjust the steering tie rods slightly.

I initially set it all up with string lines and straight edges so quite pleased that everything was reasonably close.

bfit:
Hi Brad
which box did you end up using
a Tremec or the Keisler  manufactured box
mate this is my Tremec  magnum I am fitting now
Bfit

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Bfit on January 08, 2013, 02:27:41 PM ---Hi Brad
which box did you end up using
a Tremec or the Keisler  manufactured box
Bfit

--- End quote ---

Hi Bob,

Its the Keisler SS 700. Its made by Legend Gear but I think Keisler assemble it.

There telling me it will ship 2nd April but I am not holding my breath.

bfit:
Brad
From What i read its a good box and shorter that the Tremec 6 Speed
be interested to see what you need to do to get it in there
Bfit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version