Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (44/162) > >>

sirfixalot:
Good clearance on the idler arm bracket have seen numerous extractors with the pipe bashed in for clearance on No2 cylinder pipe.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: sirfixalot on October 15, 2012, 08:17:33 AM ---Good clearance on the idler arm bracket have seen numerous extractors with the pipe bashed in for clearance on No2 cylinder pipe.

--- End quote ---

Yes, this side is good.
If I get time today I will try the left side. From what I have read on US forums I will need to clearance one of the primaries slightly to clear the steering shaft on the R&P.

wabco40:
Fitting the Hooker headers has turned into a real nightmare.  :grr:

The right side, which I though was going to be the good side bolted up ok without any clearance issues. The problem is the collector appears not to be welded onto the pipes straight. This is causing the rear end of the side tube to sit about 3" too low and 1.5" towards the chassis.
The left side required #1 primary tube clearancing for the R&P shaft (expected) and also it was just touching the chassis. Once these where clearanced then it fitted ok.

I purchased these headers about 3 years ago. At the time they where on back order for 3 months. I since found out they where relocating their manufacturing down to Mexico.
Looks like I scored one of the first from there.

I am currently looking at a set of Doug's side headers. They are the same as the Hookers but from what I can find out about them they fit ok. Time will tell.

I have fitted STS baffles to the side pipes.

I have also started doing some work on the rear filler panel. This panel is to fill in the cut-outs for the rear exhaust.
It was painted the same time as the car but I am only just now sanding the clear coat and buffing.

wabco40:
I have removed my original trailing arms and about to replace them with double offsets.

With 5.25" back spaced rims I only had about 1/4-3/8" clearance between the end of the spring and rim (even when using a 0.5" shortened spring).

The double offsets have the spring mount 1" inboard. I have a new 1" shorten per side VB&P spring to use on these arm. This should now give about 0.75" clearance.

craigh:
Amazing as normal Brad.

Could you not register it in WA with any of these mods fitted or is it just not worth the hassle it could have become.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version