Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (40/162) > >>

bfit:
I have weighed a few all came in around the 1600Kg mark
to get to 1380 is a lot of weight to shed
I have seen 100 of so KG drop with out
 the spare wheel and carrier and next to no fuel.
One seat and no carpets
200plus Kg  would get the car in the cheap rego range IN NSW
Bfit

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Scott link=topic=7864.msg1045943773#msg1045943773 ---I thought vettes were a fair bit heavire than that.  Good to know.  I bet you are getting edgy now.  It's all so close.  Good work.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, sure am.
Its been over eight years now so a bit longer won't matter.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Bfit link=topic=7864.msg1045943776#msg1045943776 ---I have weighed a few all came in around the 1600Kg mark
to get to 1380 is a lot of weight to shed
I have seen 100 of so KG drop with out
 the spare wheel and carrier and next to no fuel.
One seat and no carpets
200plus Kg  would get the car in the cheap rego range IN NSW
Bfit
--- End quote ---

I googled the weight of a 71 and came up with two figures. 3593lbs/1630kg and 3197lbs/1450kg.
I am guessing the heavier weight is for the big block.
I forgot I dont have the spare tyre and carrier fitted and had about 1/3 tank of fuel.
There was quite a large weight saving just replacing the rear steel spring. Then theres a lot of smaller saving like replacing the cast iron water pump, steering box, brake calipers, front coil springs etc.

wabco40:
I have been looking out for any NOS parts as there getting harder to come by.
Latest to arrive is a left lower dash pad and left A pillar trim. I figure eventually I will get the remaining trim pieces and will re-do the interior. Probably take a few years to do though.
I've booked for Carlisle next year so thats always good for swap meets and people selling old stock.

wabco40:
I finally got around to finishing the door glass adjustment. I had to wait for the new roof panel seals to compress before I could adjust the upper glass travel stops.
The seals and glass are still tight but I guess it will all settle in over time.
I also fitted the door panels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version