Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (29/162) > >>

wabco40:
I have painted and fitted the wiper switch plate and also started to mount the seats.

wabco40:
The fun part begins. I have started to fit the side windows, runners, regulators and the rest of the parts in the doors.

I have new door glass and rollers. The rusty old manual regulators have been replaced with a new power regulators and motors. I have cleaned up the 40 years of gunk off the original guide tracks and replaced all the mounting bolts with new SS hardware. Hopefully when there in and adjusted they will operate nice and smooth.

Camo:
I remember those days.  Much swearing and cursing.  LOL!!.

Looking good :thumb:

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Admin link=topic=7864.msg1045942483#msg1045942483 ---I remember those days.  Much swearing and cursing.  LOL!!.

Looking good :thumb:
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I have bad memories from when I replaced a door shell on my HQ coupe in the early eighties :grr:

wabco40:
I have got the right door assembled and the glass only needing a slight final adjustment. Fortunately there is a lot of good information on the internet about adjusting the glass so it was a lot less hassle then I was expecting.

One problem I do have is when the window is about an inch from fully down the arm on the regulator hits the side of the motor :banner:

The power window kit came with round bodied motors where the originals had flat sides on the motor for clearance.

I have had to order two new original style replacement motors.

I purchased the kit from Corvette Central a few years back so I am guessing by now they would have came across this problem and would now supply the original style motors with the kits. I would check though!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version