Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (26/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: gtc link=topic=7864.msg1045941671#msg1045941671 ---May have been asked before (didn't go back over all posts): What is the name of that blue? Looks magnificent!
--- End quote ---

Electron Blue, its an 02 US GM factory colour.

gtc:

--- Quote from: wabco40 link=topic=7864.msg1045941672#msg1045941672 ---
--- Quote from: gtc link=topic=7864.msg1045941671#msg1045941671 ---May have been asked before (didn't go back over all posts): What is the name of that blue? Looks magnificent!
--- End quote ---

Electron Blue, its an 02 US GM factory colour.
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

craigh:
Wish  my grills were so perfectly aligned.  

I think to get it as good as yours I would need to replace the apron panel as a start.

Also am considering painting my garage floor - out of interest what is yours done with. ?

wabco40:

--- Quote from: craigh link=topic=7864.msg1045941680#msg1045941680 ---Wish  my grills were so perfectly aligned. 

I think to get it as good as yours I would need to replace the apron panel as a start.

Also am considering painting my garage floor - out of interest what is yours done with. ?
--- End quote ---

Its painted with epoxy concrete floor paint. Its goes thick using a roller. I chose a lighter colour as its easier to see when working under the car.

Its a bit of a headache trying to get it all aligned. and still maintain clearence for the headlights to open/close.
I have roughly fitted the bumperettes but if I have the grills parallel with the bumper then there is large gap between the top of the bumperette and bumper. If I lift the bumperette up to close this gap then the inside of the grills are tilted up and look like crap:grr:
I have been thinking about adding material to the top of the bumperette prior to getting them chromed. The jury is still out as to doing this or not!!!

craigh:
I found that my best fit resulted in a bit of a gap at the top of the bumper-ettes as well.

The grills were nice and parallel to the bumper.

I also ended up with a bit of gap between the grilles and the bumper-ettes

I still need to spend more time on it, then i will pull them off again later and strip, paint  etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version