Author Topic: Lights  (Read 3452 times)

Offline rhawk

Lights
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »
Hi everyone, I've just received my '81 C3 from the states and it's my first time on this forum.

If anyone can help me with some ideas and/or contacts in relation to rear indicators and seat belts compliant with ADR I would be most grateful.

I've already fixed up the headlights but my real problem at the moment is with the belts.

Thanks all.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Lights
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:20 PM »
What suburb are you in?
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
Lights
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
Check the interior section of the forum.  The first thread is the seatbelt one.

Hemco is the place to ring.  I bought my seatbelts there after the recommendation on this site.

Offline rhawk

Lights
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I live in Launceston, there's no club over here hence the interest in this site.

I've managed to source some belts from 'all vehicle restraints' in Sydne. It's onto the indicator issue next, shouldn't be a major drama tho.

Thanks for the help.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
Lights
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »
Ric you have u2u

Offline 76vette

• Two Barrel
Lights
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »
:shades:Its all about ADRs so a great site to also check out if you need to know what is needed to get your particular car passed in Aus go to;
www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/publications/index.aspx

You can down load copies of what is normally required and this is also what the engeneer will check/want changed to make the car to the Australian standards.

The indicators & tailights are not to big a problem if you are good with wiring.
With the front indicators you can open the plastic case & add a divider (about a third of the units size) then add another bulb socket for use as the parker when you split the indicator wiring.
The rear brake/park light will need the indicator wire split and what I did was then wire this into the existing reversing lens and used a Orange bulb for indicators. I then added a new small clear bright bulb (dash bulb size but a halagon) into the housing for my back up lights.
You may be able to get away with just leaving/using the amber indicator bulbs as reverse one also depending on the ADR.
 Good luck